|03 01 40.71|
MEADOW-PATCH 5 is a one component, cementitious, very fast-setting restoration/repair mortar and water plug. This product has a light gray color and is designed for vertical, overhead and horizontal applications, as well as for stopping active fluid seepage.This very fast-setting, low slump repair mortar may be troweled, shaped, molded and shaved before taking final set. MEADOW-PATCH 5 is an excellent patching solution for difficult vertical/overhead applications without using expensive and intricate forming techniques.
MEADOW-PATCH 5 is easy to mix and apply. This very fast-setting, low slump mortar is designed to minimize downtime. Because of its versatility, MEADOW-PATCH 5 can be used vertically, horizontally or overhead. Whether the installation is interior or exterior, MEADOW-PATCH 5 is an excellent choice for fast repairs above grade, below grade or on grade. Typical applications include repairs to curb and gutters, pre-cast concrete elements, tie-rod holes, concrete pipe, columns, beams or any other general-purpose repair. MEADOW-PATCH 5 may also be used as a water plug to effectively stop minor active fluid seepage.
|Set times per ASTM C191||Compressive strength per ASTM C 109|
|Initial 3-5 minutes||@ 1 day 3,000 PSI (20.7 Mpa)|
|Final 6-8 minutes||@ 28 days 6,500 PSI (44.8 Mpa)|
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
FOR BEST PERFORMANCE
- MEADOW-PATCH 5 is recommended for concrete repairs only.
- Not intended to be used as a self-leveling underlayment or topping. MEADOW-PATCH 5 is designed as a trowel down repair mortar.
- Do not apply below 35°F (1.7°C) or above 90°F (32.2°C), or when rain is imminent.
- Protect from freezing for a minimum 24 hours.
- Do not bridge moving cracks. Extend existing control, construction and expansion joints through MEADOW-PATCH 5.
- For large areas with no control, expansion or construction joints, refer to ACI Guidelines.
- The length-to-width ratio of the repair area should not exceed 2 to 1.
- Do not add any admixtures.
- Exceeding liquid requirements shall result in reduced physical properties.
- Realize that set time will decrease as the product, air, substrate and mixing liquid temperature increases and will increase as the temperature decreases.
- Featheredging may result in reduced durability and performance.
- Maximum application thickness should not exceed 2″ (51 mm) when applied neat.
- Protect from conditions that may cause early water loss: high winds, low humidity, high temperature and direct
sunlight. Early water loss is also amplified in thin applications.
- Failure to follow industry standard practices may result in decreased material performance.
- Proper application is the responsibility of the user. Field visits by W. R. MEADOWS personnel are for the purpose of making technical recommendations only, and are not to supervise or provide quality control on the job-site.
50 lb. (22.7 kg) bag
1-year when left in original, unopened packaging and stored indoors.
MEADOW-PATCH 5 yields 0.45 cu. ft. (0.013 cu. m) per 50 lb. bag.
Perform surface preparation in accordance with ICRI Technical Guidelines No. 03730. Mechanically abrade existing substrate to remove all unsound concrete, but do not use excessive force, which may cause micro-fracturing. Substrate must be structurally sound and free of any contaminant that will adversely affect bond. Prepared surface must be dust-free and have sufficient profile to ensure adequate mechanical lock.
Completely expose all reinforcing steel, ensuring a minimum clearance of ¾” behind reinforcing steel. Perform reinforcing steel preparation in accordance with ICRI Technical Guidelines No. 03730.
Pre-soak repair zone, prior to application of slurry coat to a saturated surface dry (SSD) condition and free of standing water. Prime (SSD) substrate with a slurry coat (2 parts MEADOW-PATCH 5 powder to 1 part water or ACRY-LOK™ from W. R. MEADOWS). Allow slurry coat to become tacky prior to application of MEADOW-PATCH 5. Do not allow slurry coat to become tack-free.
As a hydraulic plug, cut or notch out the crack, joint or void to a minimum dimension of ¾” x ¾”. To ensure proper mechanical lock, the bottom of the newly notched opening should be wider than the top. The substrate must be sound and free of all contaminants and must be saturated, surface dry.
MEADOW-PATCH 5 requires 3.5-4 quarts (3.30-3.78 L) of potable water per 50 lb. (22.7 kg.) bag depending on desired consistency. Mix until homogenous. Do not mix more material than can be placed and finished within 3-5 minutes at 77° F (25° C). Do not over-mix. MEADOW-PATCH 5 may be mixed with 1.25 gallons (4.7 L) of ACRY-LOK per 50 lb. (22.7 kg) bag to achieve greater durability and enhanced performance.
Compact MEADOW-PATCH 5 into properly prepared (SSD) substrate prior to bulk placement. Finish surface with a wood or steel trowel or sponge float. MEADOW-PATCH 5 may be applied up to 2″ (51 mm). Do not re-temper or over-work product. Follow ACI 305-R89 “Standard on Hot Weather Concreting” or ACI 306-R88 “Standard on Cold Weather Concreting,” when applicable.
Force MEADOW-PATCH 5 directly into prepared crack and hold in place, maintaining pressure until material hardens. For jobs requiring a faster set time, the use of W. R. MEADOWS MEADOW-PLUG™, an extremely fast chemical activity hydraulic plug with a set time of 90-120 seconds may be necessary.
Cure MEADOW-PATCH 5 immediately following application using a suitable curing compound from
W. R. MEADOWS, or in accordance with ACI 308.
W. R. MEADOWS recommends 2250-WHITE or 1130-CLEAR for curing. When conditions exist for rapid early water loss, the use of EVAPRE™, an evaporation retarder from W. R. MEADOWS, is also recommended.
SAFETY AND TOXICITY
Avoid direct contact with this product, as it may cause skin and eye irritation. Utilize gloves and safety glasses to minimize direct contact. Avoid inhalation of dust. Inhalation may cause respiratory irritation and/or lung disease (silicosis). This product contains silicon dioxide, which is classified by the IARC and NTP as probably carcinogenic to humans (IARC Group 2A). The use of NIOSH approved respiratory protection is recommended in dusty environments. Refer to Product Material Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.
Keep product out of reach of children.
This material last updated February, 2005