|07 92 13|
32 13 73
|No. 773||Related Content:|
POURTHANE NS is a one-component, moisture-curing, non-sag, polyurethane sealant. It maintains permanent flexibility with high bond strength and provides outstanding durability.
POURTHANE NS has very good adhesion to most construction materials. It is particularly recommended for expansion joints between precast concrete panels and seams on wooden, aluminum, and PVC joinery. POURTHANE NS is highly recommended for bonding concrete and backed clay roof tiles.
- Provides a premium-grade, non-sag sealant ideally suited for horizontal and vertical joints subject to high pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
- Forms a tough, resilient, durable joint seal with exceptional adhesion, elasticity, and abrasion resistance.
- Excellent resistance to contraction/expansion, weather, traffic, water, oils, and chemicals.
- Delivers a practical service temperature range from -20° – 180° F (-29° C – 82° C).
- Does not permanently deform from compression; resists puncturing and penetration by sharp objects.
- Single-component: Eliminates time, effort, and equipment for mixing, filling cartridges, pre-heating or thawing, and cleaning of equipment.
- Fast tack-free and final cure times.
10.1 Oz. (300 mL) Cartridges
5 Gal. (18.93 L) Pails
55 Gal. (208.20 L) Drums
This chart shows the approximate number of lineal feet that can be sealed per gallon. One gallon is approximately 11 cartridges.
When stored indoors and in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40 – 90° F (4 – 32° C), shelf life is a minimum of one year from date of manufacture.
- ASTM C 920, Type S, Grade NS, Class 25, Use T, NT, O, M, G, I
- Federal Specification TT-S-00230C, Type II, Class A
- SNJF Standard (Elastomeric Sealant)
|Available Colors||Desert Tan, Dura-White, Limestone, Stone Gray|
@ 68˚ F (20˚ C)
|Tooling Time @ 68˚ F (20˚ C) and 50% RH, Minutes||30|
|Paint Compatibility||Water-Based: Compatible|
Solvent-Based: Check Compatibility
|Skin Formation Time, 74˚ F (23˚ C), 50% RH, hours||2|
74˚ F (23˚ C), 50% RH
|3 mm per 24 Hours|
|Shore A Hardness, ISO 868|
|Sagging (ISO 7390)||None|
|Modulus at 100% Elongation (ISO 8339), MPa||0.3|
|Elongation at Break|
(ISO 8339), %
|Application Temperature||41˚ – 95˚ F (5 – 35˚ C)|
|Service Temperature||-40˚ – 200˚ F (-40 – 93˚ C)|
|Resistance to Weathering||Excellent|
|Resistance to Diluted Acids and Bases||Medium|
|Salt Water Resistance||Excellent|
Surface Preparation … Substrate must be clean, dry, and free of dust and grease. Be sure interfaces are free of curing compounds and/or saw residue.
Application Method … POURTHANE NS can be applied with a manual or pneumatic caulking gun. Use typical joint sealing practices and proper joint design of 2:1 width to depth ratio when applying. Horizontal joints require a minimum of ½” depth. CERA-ROD™ or KOOL-ROD™ from W. R. MEADOWS may be used as a joint backing material to control sealant depth and provide joint configuration. After application, the product can be smoothed with a damp knife.
Cleanup … Application tools can be cleaned with toluene or xylene before curing. Afterwards, mechanical cleaning will be required.
Check for compatibility to materials and working techniques not outlined above. Do not apply on wet substrates. Do not apply at temperatures outside application temperature range. (See physical properties chart.) For joints subject to water immersion, use DECK-O-SEAL® 125.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- IEQ Credit 4.1: Low Emitting Materials: Adhesives & Sealants
- MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
- MR Credit 5: Regional Materials
This material last updated December 2012.