|07 92 13
32 13 73
|No. 773||Related Content:
POURTHANE NS is an elastic, low-modulus, one-component, moisture-curing, non-sag, polyurethane sealant. It maintains flexibility and waterproofing joint sealing with high bond strength and provides outstanding durability in the civil and industrial construction markets. The product requires no mixing and typically requires no priming to bond to many materials, including concrete and masonry.
POURTHANE NS has very good adhesion to most construction materials. It is particularly recommended for expansion joints between precast concrete panels and seams on wooden, aluminum, and PVC joinery. POURTHANE NS is highly recommended for bonding concrete and baked clay roof tiles.
- Ready to use and easy to gun and tool/No mixing and speeds application.
- Low VOC content/Approved in all 50 states for use.
- +/- 35% joint movement capability/Maintains flexibility in moving joints.
- No primer required for most construction materials/Cost reduction.
- Maintains excellent weather resistance/Gives long lasting joint seal.
- Delivers a practical service temperature range/Can be used in all climates.
- Packaged in cartridges, sausages, and in bulk/Jobsite waste is reduced.
- Superior bonding/Long lasting baked clay roof tile application.
10.1 Oz. (300 mL) Cartridges (24/Carton)
20 Oz. (592 mL) Sausages (20/Carton)
5 Gal. (18.9 L) Pails
55 Gal. (208.2 L) Drums
Limestone, Stone Gray, Tan, White, Black, Bronze
This chart shows the approximate number of lineal feet that can be sealed per gallon. One gallon is approximately 11 cartridges.
|Joint Depth||Joint Width|
|1/4″(6.4 mm)||3/8″(9.5 mm)||1/2″(12.7 mm)||5/8″(15.9 mm)||3/4″(19.1 mm)||7/8″ (22.2 mm)||1″
When estimating, figure 11 cartridges/gal. (3 cartridges/L).
Cubic in./gal. – 231 (1000 cm3)
Cubic in./cartridge – 21 (344.13 cm3)
For triangular cross-section joints:
1/4″ (6.35 mm) each side – 616 linear ft./gal. (49.6 m/L)
1/2″ (12.7 mm) each side – 154 linear ft./gal. (12.4 m/L)
3/4″ (19.1 mm) each side – 68 linear ft./gal. (5.5 m/L)
When stored indoors and in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 41° – 104° F (5° – 40° C), shelf life is a minimum of one year from date of manufacture, except for pails and drums, which have a shelf life of six months.
- ASTM C 920-11, Type S, Grade NS, Class 35, Use T1, T2, NT, O, M, G
- Federal Specification TT-S-00230C, Type II, Class A
- USDA compliant for use in meat and poultry areas
- ISO 11600-F-25LM
- Complies with all current federal, state, and local maximum allowable VOC requirements, including U.S. EPA, LADCO, SCAQMD, and OTC.
@ 68˚ F (20˚ C)
|Paint Compatibility||Water-Based: Compatible
Solvent-Based: Check Compatibility
|Skin Formation Time, 74˚ F (23˚ C), 50% RH||60 – 90 min.|
|Shore A Hardness||25 – 30|
|Sagging (ISO 7390)||None|
|Modulus at 100% Elongation (ISO 8339), MPa||0.3|
|Elongation at Break, %||800|
|Application Temperature||41˚ – 104˚ F (5° – 40˚ C)|
|Service Temperature||-40˚ – 176˚ F
(-40° – 80˚ C)
|Resistance to Weathering||Excellent|
|Resistance to Diluted Acids and Bases||Medium|
|Salt Water Resistance||Excellent|
|VOC Content||102 g/L|
Surface Preparation … Substrate must be clean, dry, and free of dust and grease. Be sure interfaces are free of curing compounds and/or saw residue.
Application Method … POURTHANE NS can be applied with a manual or pneumatic caulking gun. Use typical joint sealing practices and proper joint design of 2:1 width to depth ratio when applying. Horizontal joints require a minimum of 1/4″ (6.4 mm) depth and maximum 1/2″ (12.7 mm) depth. KOOL-ROD™ from W. R. MEADOWS may be used as a joint backing material to control sealant depth and provide joint configuration. After application, the product can be smoothed with a damp knife.
Cleanup … Application tools can be cleaned with toluene or xylene before curing. Afterwards, mechanical cleaning will be required.
Check for compatibility to materials and working techniques not outlined above. POURTHANE NS must be fully cured prior to installation of other materials over the product. Do not apply on wet substrates. Do not apply at temperatures outside application temperature range. (See physical properties chart.) For joints subject to water immersion, use DECK-O-SEAL® 125 and/or DECK-O-SEAL GUN GRADE with P/G PRIMER from W. R. MEADOWS.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- IEQ Credit 4.1: Low Emitting Materials – Adhesives and Sealants
- MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
- MR Credit 5: Regional Materials
This material last updated June 2015.