Since 1926, W. R. MEADOWS, INC. has built a coveted reputation for product quality, company integrity and service among architects, engineers, and contractors in both the private and public sectors of the construction industry. Our broad line of high performance, premium grade construction products has been developed for use in . . . on . . . around ….and under concrete.
As a Polymer Chemist, you will be responsible for the formulation and development of “Building Envelope” products and provide technical support for the production and use of these products. In addition, you must also have demonstrated leadership as well as a problem solving capabilities, must be able to manage multiple projects at one time, and must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Previous supervisory experience is also a plus!
- Responsible for developing polymer-based formulations for waterproofing products, air barriers, and vapor retarders from the laboratory level to the scale-up for plant production
- Responsible for production and testing of building materials to meet ASTM and ABAA requirements and specifications
- Responsible for optimization of formulas, raw materials, and plant process variables to improve process and reduce production cost
- Must have at least 10 years of research and development experience in the field of air barrier and/or waterproofing products
- Must have demonstrated Leadership capabilities
- Must have experience with development, formulation, and testing of finished products and raw materials
- Industrial experience in other polymer modified chemistry field will also be considered
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Education and Abilities
- Must hold an MS degree in Polymer Chemistry/Engineering,
- Requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of current laboratory techniques and instrumentation
- Creative problem solving ability and ability to handle multiple projects
- Experience with laboratory reporting and record keeping
Note, candidates without Polymer Chemistry/Engineering degrees and less than 10 years of experience formulating air barriers and water proofing materials will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- MS degree in Polymer Chemistry/Engineering: 1 year
- Formulating air barriers and waterproofing materials: 10 years
For consideration, please forward your resume and salary history to: [email protected]