Perform duties to pickup and deliver a wide variety of products and materials as required by customers, vendors and company management.
- Operate pick-up, van, and/or tractor trailer when make pick-ups and deliveries as instructed
- Secure and tarping of all loads for safe transportation
- Must lift, carry, push, and pull up to 65 lbs material including drums, pails, boxes, etc.
- Follow established routes and directions
- Fill out required paperwork on customer pick-ups and maintain accurate record of loads + e-logs.
- Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspection
- Understand and follow all departmental work instructions
- Report all accidents, traffic violations and license suspensions (other than parking) to the state within the required time or no later than 24 hours
- Notify supervisor of operating and equipment difficulties
- Use scale, hand trucks, moving racks and hand tools
- Follow safety rules and keep vehicles in a clean and orderly condition
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and follow directions and instructions
- Able to operate varied types of tractor trailer combinations – Flatbed, Drop-deck, vans, etc.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time up to 12 hours
- Ability to walk, stand, climb steps, jump, frequently throughout the day
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience required
- High school Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
Certificates and Licenses:
- CDL license
- HAZMAT certification required
- Pass DOT Physical Examination.
- Pass DOT regulated Alcohol and Drug testing
For consideration, please forward your resume and salary history to: [email protected]