BLUE RIDGE FIBERBOARD is looking for a talented electrical engineer to join our team at our Danville, Virginia facility. We are looking for a creative, dependable, and detail-orientated individual who wants to make a difference in a small, family-owned company. If you are interested in this type of career, we want to hear from you.
Great opportunity for an electrical engineer to join our engineering and technical team at Blue Ridge Fiberboard. The person in this role is a key member of a multi-disciplined team, working together to plan, design, and deliver solutions for our operations team and customers.
As part of the engineering team, a successful candidate will work with our technical, operations, and maintenance teams to deliver solutions to improve our process reliability, product quality, and plant-wide performance.
Electrical Engineers are responsible for:
- Overall leadership for the direction of site electrical power distribution and controls, including reliability improvements, safety upgrades, cost reductions, and infrastructure upgrades.
- Promote and support activities to ensure activities involving electrical energy are performed safely and within all procedures and guidelines.
- Manage maintenance and upgrades of AC and DC variable speed drives and motors, programmable logic controllers, motor controls and motor control centers.
- Facilitate identification, prioritization, and implementation of key improvement opportunities within the plant’s controls and power distribution network.
- Facilitate the identification, prioritization, and implementation of capital improvement opportunities on machines and supporting equipment.
- Lead the identification, prioritization, and implementation of reliability improvements and asset management.
- Provide leadership in energy conservation programs.
- Ensure plant and system electrical drawings are updated and maintained.
- Manage relationships and information between the company and supplier/contractors.
- Ensure human/machine interface software is accurate and reliable and lead improvements to help make operations more reliable and efficient.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate the following skills and personal traits:
- Proficient in automation controls and PLC/HMI programming
- Exceptional troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Self-motivated and highly organized with good time management skills
- Dedication and commitment to meeting expectations
- Ability to work in an often fast paced, hectic, and demanding environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Lean/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement knowledge desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft office software
- Commitment to learning and personal growth
- Leadership experience a plus
Education: BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Working in an industrial environment in a technical role
- 5-10 years of electrical engineering experience preferred, although recent college graduates will be considered
- Paper and/or building products industry experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) including company contributions
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account/Health savings account
- Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Paid time off, including sick time
- 8-hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Danville, VA 24541: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. (Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned at the supervisor’s discretion).