Responsible for troubleshooting electrical equipment problems, day-to-day preventive maintenance of electrical components, preventive maintenance of medium and low voltage electrical systems, and supporting any other work to help the plant operate efficiently. The successful candidate must be a team player, maintain a clean working environment, and comply with company rules and regulations.
- Repair and maintain machinery and electrical equipment such as AC/DC drives, pneumatic components, hydraulic components, conveyor systems, and process equipment.
- Perform electrical/mechanical testing to determine causes of failures and recommend solutions that will improve equipment performance.
- Through evaluation of existing equipment; recommend, design, and/or install upgrades that will improve the efficiency of manufacturing processes.
The Entry-Level Electrician rate is reserved for entry level electrical maintenance employees who are found to meet the minimum required technical and non-technical skills according to the current certification plan. During the new employee probationary period (30 days) the employee will be assessed to determine if they meet minimum skill requirements. A satisfactory performance evaluation is also required. An Entry-Level Electrician must be capable of following instructions in performance of assigned work. Maintenance personnel are also required to perform other duties as required. The required Technical/Non-Technical Skills are listed below:
- Hand and Power Tools
- Basic Reading, Writing and Math
- Basic Measuring
- Electrical Equipment
- Lighting and Controls
- Basic Electrical Safety
- Safety requires a basic knowledge and compliance with
- All EHS policies to include general safety rules
- All lockout/tagout procedures
- Emergency response procedures
- SDS’s applicable to assigned work area
- Safety observation program
- Plant environmental policies and procedures
- Must provide his/her own a basic selection of required maintenance tools according to assigned craft and must provide a tool box
- Acceptable job performance
- Must be able to perform repair maintenance with minimal supervision
- Must respond promptly to call-in support as necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Position requires a High School diploma or equivalent. Must have own tools. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis. Employee must have valid driver’s license and be dependable.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned at the supervisor’s discretion.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 – $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) including company contributions
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account/Health savings account
- Life and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Paid time off including vacation and sick time
- Referral program
- Varies based on job assignment
Supplemental pay types:
- Annual bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Danville, VA 24541: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. (Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned at the supervisor’s discretion).