Product Data Sheet
|07 91 23||
DATA SHEET 7900-442
Non-Gassing, Heat-Resistant Backer Rod
CERA-ROD is a closed-cell, round, flexible, continuous-length, non-absorbent, non-gassing, non-staining, non-shrinking material extruded from a cross-linked polyethylene. Compression/deflection is approximately 55.2 KPa (8 psi) at 25% deflection.
CERA-ROD is used in joints or large cracks in Portland cement or asphalt concrete. It provides the correct sealant reservoir configuration, controls joint depth, and prevents sealant run-out through the bottom of the joint. CERA-ROD also acts as a bond breaker to prevent bottom side sealant adhesion.
- Works equally well in concrete joints/cracks or asphalt cracks.
- Use with hot-applied joint sealants … will not melt, shrink, evaporate, or stain.
- Retains its original diameter and is non-gassing when exposed to high sealant temperatures.
- Prevents run-out through voids or bottom of the joint … saves sealant material.
- Acts as a bond breaker to stop sealant adhesion to the bottom side of the joint.
- Fast and easy to apply.
Cartons weigh 4.99 kg (11 lb.) each, except the 38.1 mm (1/2″) and 50.8 mm (2″) sizes that weigh 13.61 kg (30 lb.) each.
- ASTM D 5249, Type 1, Type 3
|Rod Diameter||Lineal Metres per Carton||Lineal Feet per Carton|
|9.5 mm (3/8″)||1097||3600|
|12.7 mm (1/2″)||762||2500|
|15.9 mm (5/8″)||472.44||1550|
|22.2 mm (7/8″)||259.08||850|
|25.4 mm (1″)||167||550|
|31.8 mm (1 1/4″)||121.92||400|
|38.1 mm (1 1/2″)||168||552|
|50.8 mm (2″)||109||360|
Crack and Joint Preparation … Remove all dirt and foreign matter.
Application Method … Install CERA-ROD with a single- wheeled or three-wheeled roller, depending on application. Avoid stretching or puncturing the material. CERA-ROD needs to be held in compression to work effectively. The diameter of the rod should be 3.2 mm (1/8″) larger than the width of the joint for joint widths up to 19.1 mm (3/4″). For joints 19.1 mm (3/4″) and larger, add 6.4 mm (1/4″) to diameter rod selection. Applications for all hot-applied joint sealants from W. R. MEADOWS can follow immediately.
Temperature limit of product is 210° C. Read and follow application information and Safety Data Sheet information.
MASTERFORMAT NUMBER AND TITLE
07 91 23 – Backer Rods
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- MRc9: Construction and Demolition Waste Management