Product Data Sheet
|03 15 00||
DATA SHEET 3250-242
Flexible Foam Expansion Joint
CERAMAR is a flexible foam expansion joint filler composed of a unique synthetic foam of isomeric polymers in a very small, closed-cell structure. Gray in colour, CERAMAR is a lightweight, flexible, highly resilient material offering recovery qualities of over 99%. The compact, closed-cell structure will absorb almost no water.
CERAMAR flexible foam expansion joint filler provides an excellent joint filler and backup material for use in either horizontal or vertical applications where expansion and contraction movements must be accommodated. CERAMAR is compatible with all currently popular cold-applied sealants, caulks, and hot-pour joint sealing compounds. It is lightweight and easy to cut or form in the field without waste.
CERAMAR compresses easily for use with shrinkage-compensating concrete and it may be used to relieve stress and pressure in concrete pavements.
- May be sealed with hot- or cold-applied sealants.
- User friendly, lightweight, flexible foam … forms or wraps around curved or circular surfaces.
- Cuts easily on the job with a razor knife … no breakage or waste.
- Offers high resiliency and 99% recovery qualities … low compression values … non-extruding … minimal water absorption.
- Resists ultraviolet degradation … will not rot or deteriorate.
- Non-impregnated … no staining or bleeding.
- Bonds easily with common cartridge adhesives.
- ASTM D5249, Type 2
- ASTM D1752, Sections 5.1 – 5.4, with compression requirement modified to 10 psi (7.03 g/mm2) minimum and 25 psi (17.58 g/mm2) maximum.
- ASTM D7174-05
|Compression, 50%||89.6 kPa
(9 g/mm²) (13 psi)
|Extrusion||2.5 mm (0.1″)|
|Water Absorption, volume %||0.246|
Test Method – ASTM D545 [12.7 mm (1/2″) thick test specimen]
*All technical data is typical information, but may vary due to test methods, conditions and operators.
Furnished in standard sheets 1.22 m (48″) wide, 3.05 m (10′) long. Also available in pre-cut widths of 50.8 mm – 1.17 m (2″ – 46″).
|Thickness||Approx. Wt./100 m²||Approx. Wt./100 ft.²||Pcs. /bundle||Shipping Wt./Bundle|
|15.29 kg||3.13 lbs.||100||72.58 kg
|22.93 kg||4.70 lbs.||100||108.86 kg
|30.52 kg||6.25 lbs.||75||113.40 kg
|45.90 kg||9.40 lbs.||50||108.86 kg
|61.03 kg||12.50 lbs.||40||117.94 kg
For horizontal applications, position CERAMAR against the forms, at interrupting columns and objects or adjacent to abutting structures, before placing concrete. Vertical applications may call for CERAMAR to be placed between panels, panel-to-column joints, or in block wall joints prior to sealing. CERAMAR may be used with all hot- and cold-applied sealants.
Due to its light weight, CERAMAR will float and must be held in place by compression or with a sealant.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Refer to Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.
MASTERFORMAT NUMBER AND TITLE
03 15 00 – Concrete Accessories
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- MRc9: Construction and Demolition Waste Management