Product Data Sheet
|03 62 13|
DATA SHEET 8043-050
Concrete Curing Aid & Hardener
MED-CURE concrete curing aid was specially formulated to supplement the W. R. MEADOWS’ line of curing compounds and provide the contractor with a good, general-purpose curing aid for construction applications where economy is of prime importance. It contains no wax, resin or solvent.
MED-CURE is ideal as a curing aid, as well as for hardening and dustproofing exposed concrete floor slabs, sidewalks, driveways, beams, columns, etc. It can be used to provide a hard, dust-free surface on concrete floors to be painted or covered by resilient, carpeted, wood or synthetic flooring.
Complies with all current federal, state and local maximum allowable VOC requirements, including U.S. EPA, SCAQMD, and OTC.
- Drying time … Depends on weather conditions and coverage, but will generally dry in one hour
- FLASH POINT … >100ºC (212ºF)
PACKAGING 3.78 litre (1 U.S. gal.) jugs,
18.9 litre (5 U.S. gal.) pails
205 litre (54 U.S. gal.) drums
Broomed Surface: 9.82 m²/L (400 ft.²/gal.)
Troweled Surface: 14.73 m²/L (600 ft²/gal.)
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Penetrates to aid curing, as well as to harden in one easy application
- Provides a low-maintenance finished surface
- Tint aids in identifying coverage
- Ideal for new or old, interior, exterior, horizontal and vertical concrete surfaces
- Dries fast and may be re-coated if desired
- Application tools may be cleaned with water
- VOC compliant…actual VOC content is 0
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- EQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Mterials: Paints & Coatings
- MR Credit 5.1: Regional Materials: 10% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally
- MR Credit 5.2: Regional Materials: 20% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally
Preparation…Application equipment must be clean and free of any previously used materials.
Mixing…For optimum performance, gentle mixing or agitation is recommended.
Application Method…New Concrete: Apply MED-CURE as soon as surface water has disappeared and the surface is dry to the touch or hard enough to walk on. Apply one even coat with a pressure hand sprayer or paint roller.
Existing (Old) Concrete: Clean surface thoroughly with a trisodium phosphate solution and rinse thoroughly. Apply MED-CURE after the surface has dried. NOTE: Keep heavy traffic off surface for 24-48 hours after applying MED-CURE.
Clean-up…Application equipment may be cleaned easily with soap and water while still wet.
DO NOT DILUTE. Do not apply if the temperature of the concrete is less than 4ºC (40ºF). KEEP FROM FREEZING. If MED-CURE is accidentally sprayed or spilled on glass, brick, aluminum, painted surfaces, etc., flush immediately with water. Do not over-apply.
This product will not support combustion. Read and follow application information and use in accordance with the Health and Safety Information shown on the label. Refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for complete Health and Safety information.
Proper application is the responsibility of the user. Field visits by W. R. MEADOWS’ personnel are for the purpose of making technical recommendations only, and are not to supervise or provide quality control on the job-site.
Section 03 39 23.13.
Curing and Hardening Compound W. R. MEADOWS MED-CURE Concrete Curing Compound