Product Data Sheet
|07 26 16||DATA SHEET 7260-723A|
Overlap Seam Tape
PERMINATOR TAPE is a self-adhesive tape, used in conjunction with the application of PERMINATOR underslab vapour barrier.
PERMINATOR TAPE is for use in sealing vapour barrier seams and attachment to footings, protrusions, etc.
- Backing stabilized to resist the effects of UV exposure.
- Product is very conformable.
- Maintains a watertight seal in all weather conditions.
PERMINATOR TAPE is offered in 10 cm (4″) widths and roll lengths of 55 m/roll (180′) (12 Rolls/Carton).
One box of tape will adhere approximately 10 rolls of PERMINATOR.
Thickness: 8 Mils (0.2 mm)
Surface Preparation . . . The PERMINATOR TAPE area of adhesion should be free from dust, dirt, and moisture, to allow maximum adhesion of the pressure-sensitive tape.
Sealing Seams/Attaching to Footing . . . All joints/seams in the vapour barrier application, both lateral and butt, should be overlapped 152.4 mm (6″) and taped using PERMINATOR TAPE. The most efficient installation method includes placing PERMINATOR on top of the footing and against the vertical wall. This will sandwich PERMINATOR between the footing, vertical wall, and poured concrete floor. This will help protect the concrete slab from external moisture sources once the slab has been placed.
Sealing Protrusions . . . Cut a slit around pipes, ductwork, rebar and wire penetrations to place the initial layer of the vapour barrier. To further protect the concrete slab from external moisture sources, use a piece of vapour barrier and place a collar around these as well.
1. Cut a piece of PERMINATOR a minimum of 304.8 mm (12″). The length should be 1 1/2 times the pipe circumference. With a roofer’s knife or scissors, cut “fingers” half the width of the film.
2. Wrap around and tape the collar onto the pipe and completely tape fingers to the bottom layer of PERMINATOR
In the event that PERMINATOR is damaged during or after installation, repairs must be made. Cut a piece of the vapour barrier large enough to cover any damage by a minimum overlap of 152.4 mm (6″) in all directions. Clean all adhesion areas of dust, dirt and moisture. Tape down all edges using PERMINATOR TAPE.
MASTERFORMAT NUMBER AND TITLE
07 26 16 – Below-Grade Vapour Retarders
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- EA Credit 1: Optimize Energy Performance
- IEQ Credit 3.1: Construction Indoor Air Quality Management Plan – During Construction
- IEQ Credit 7.1: Thermal Comfort – Design
- MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
- MR Credit 5: Regional Materials
- SS Credit 3: Brownfield Redevelopment