Product Data Sheet
|03 15 00||
Forming Material and Expansion Joint
FIBRE LITE is a unique, light-duty forming material and expansion joint. Time tested across the United States and Canada, this all-natural product is perfect for forming walkways, patios, pool aprons, and driveways. FIBRE LITE is compatible with sealants, including polymerized sealants.
The basic raw material in FIBRE LITE is 100% post-consumer wastepaper (with weather- and termite-resistant additives). FIBRE LITE is lightweight, splinter-free, and easy to cut or shape.
FIBRE LITE conforms to the performance requirements of ASTM D-1751 and AASHTO Designation M213-65.
FIBRE LITE can be used in forming light duty applications, such as walkways, patios, pool aprons, driveways, and more. FIBRE LITE may also be used as an expansion joint where masonry or concrete walls meet outside aprons, walks, patios, or steps.
- Strong and flexible.
- Easy to cut and shape.
- Resilient and flexible in any temperature.
- Non-extruded and non-bituminous.
- 98% post-consumer paper content.
- Will not split when nailed.
- Sustainable and LEED
- Compatible with sealants.
- No harmful additives.
- No asbestos.
- 100% environmental.
- Made to prevent rot and fungus.
- Termite protected.
- VOC compliant.
- No bleeding or leaching into concrete.
- Rigid enough to screed off.
- Blends with colored concrete.
- No formaldehyde additives.
- Over 70% recovery after expansion.
|Thickness||Slab Widths||Standard Lengths||Weight|
|3/8″ (9.5 mm)
½” (12.7 mm)
|5′ (1.5 m)
10′ (3.05 m)
|48″ x 5′ (1.22 m x 1.5 m)
48″ x 10′ (1.22 m x 1.5 m)
- AASHTO Designation M213-65
- ASTM D-1751
Clear the area and set form using FIBRE LITE and wooden stakes. Be sure to drive stakes below top edge of form. Fill with stone aggregate. Compress aggregate with a tamping tool for a good foundation. NOTE: Consult local building code to determine the necessary depth of concrete and aggregate. Mix concrete to specification of manufacturer and pour into form. Using two pieces of FIBRE LITE fastened together, screed poured concrete to the top of FIBRE LITE form. Use on piece of FIBRE LITE as an expansion joint every 10 lineal feet (3 lineal m) for sidewalks to reduce future surface cracking. Trowel concrete smooth, allowing liquid concrete to float to the top, then finish to the preferred texture. Once concrete has completely dried, fill and landscape for a professional finish.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- IEQ Credit 4.4: Low-Emitting Materials – Composite Wood and Agrifiber Products
- MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
- MR Credit 4: Recycled Content
- MR Credit 5: Regional Materials
This material last updated August 2014.