MAINTENANCE MECHANIC / ELECTRICIAN
Leading manufacturer in Pomona, CA is seeking an experienced and skilled Mechanic / Electrician.
The successful applicant will be responsible for repair and maintenance of all equipment to help maintain a safe and productive environment including:
- Fabrication, installation, repair, removal, modification of equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment and make repairs and rebuild equipment components as required.
- Perform general plant/building maintenance inside and outside.
- Assist contractors with specific projects.
- Maintain inventory records of machine parts, tools, maintenance supplies.
- Work as part of a team and participate in the company’s maintenance and production efforts.
Qualified applicants will have a High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum 5 years Mechanical/Electrical experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Must have own tools. Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis.
Electrical and PLC troubleshooting experience a plus.
COMPETITIVE PAY AND BENEFITS
We are looking for a maintenance mechanic with mechanical and electrical experience. This is for a day shift position and you would be the hands on mechanic. We are looking for a Jack-of-All-Trades. The ideal candidate would be a person that is good at trouble shooting and is a self-starter and extremely motivated.
The Job duties would consist of fixing and troubleshooting machine problems, day-to-day maintenance of machinery, help with building, assembling and modifying of machinery, preventative maintenance and whatever it takes to make production facilities move smoothly. Candidate must have valid drivers license and be dependable.
* Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
* Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
* Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
* Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
* Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
* Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
* Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
* Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
* Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
* Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Equipment Maintenance, Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Supervision, Job Knowledge, Productivity by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
For consideration, please forward your resume and salary history to: [email protected]
W. R. MEADOWS, INC.
Founded in 1926, W. R. MEADOWS, INC. has built a coveted reputation for product quality, company integrity and service among architects, engineers, and contractors in both the private and public sectors of the construction industry. Our broad line of high performance, premium grade construction products has been developed for use in . . . on . . . around and under concrete.