W. R. MEADOWS LIQUI-HARD concrete densifier and chemical hardener compound is a proprietary, water-based, ready-to-use, clear silicate liquid formulated with chemically reactive raw materials designed to harden and dustproof concrete.
When properly applied as per all W. R. MEADOWS application instructions, LIQUI-HARD will penetrate into the concrete, resulting in a residue-free concrete surface. Therefore, future maintenance of concrete treated with LIQUI-HARD should be similar to the maintenance programs used for untreated concrete substrates.
- A regimen of simple sweeping and/or mopping (for hard-troweled concrete) can be done on a daily basis or as needed.
- Usually once a week or when needed, hose down with water. For removing excess water on hard-troweled concrete finishes, a soft sponge squeegee or a ride-on vacuum squeegee with foam pad, can be used for larger-scale jobs.
- In dirty areas, a mild, neutral pH detergent soap may be used with a bristle brush or wet mop (for hard-troweled concrete) to facilitate cleaning.
- For materials that may stain, normal house cleaning practices should be implemented and cleaned as soon as possible.
While concrete treated with LIQUI-HARD will exhibit long-lasting improvements in physical properties, durability, etc., the product may be re-applied if desired to concrete surfaces exhibiting any unusual wear, etc.
Note: Prior to any re-application of LIQUI-HARD, W. R. MEADOWS recommends the following:
- Apply a small amount of water on the concrete surface and wait 30 seconds.
- If the water remains on the surface of the concrete (i.e., does not penetrate INTO the concrete), then a re-application of LIQUI-HARD is not needed/recommended.
- If the water does penetrate into the concrete surface, then LIQUI-HARD may be re-applied as desired. In addition, a small test-application of LIQUI-HARD is also always recommended prior to performing the full-scale application to ensure that all desired appearance, performance, etc. properties are achieved.