W. R. MEADOWS continues to recognize the importance of preserving resources and protecting the environment. By incorporating sustainability solutions and strategies into all aspects of our operations, W. R. MEADOWS considers sustainability and environmental responsibility to be basic, core values of our company.
Sustainability Vision and Mission
Sustainability has been described as development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. Green building is considered the practice of creating structures and implementing processes that are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient. The practice of green building applies to the entire life cycle of a building, including site selection, design, construction, operation, maintenance, renovation and deconstruction.
The MEADOWS Companies strive to consistently meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of our shareholders and our customers, as well as all Federal, State and Local Regulatory Agencies, as we provide premium-grade, environmentally responsible and regulatory compliant building products and systems to the construction industry.
W. R. MEADOWS is committed to focusing our efforts on providing value to our customers, incorporating new and innovative sustainability strategies and solutions, continuing to improve our product and process performance, while consistently meeting and exceeding the demands of our customers and of the construction industry. At W. R. MEADOWS, our building products and systems are strategically designed and manufactured to protect your work and our world.
Principles and Values
W. R. MEADOWS prides itself on consistently providing superior product quality, business integrity and customer service. These core values of Quality, Integrity and Service have guided and served the company and our customers well, beginning with Bob and Edna Meadows who founded W. R. MEADOWS in 1926.
Sustainability and environmentally responsible products and processes are critical to our operations as well as to our environment. As a leader in the construction industry, W. R. MEADOWS continues to incorporate sustainable solutions and strategies into all aspects of our business and facility operations. Sustainability and environmental responsibility, as well as quality, integrity and service, are considered basic, core values of the W. R. MEADOWS companies.
Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA)
American Coatings Association
American Concrete Institute (ACI)
American Institute of Architects (AIA)
American Paint and Coatings Association (APCA)
American Society of Concrete Contractors (ASCC)
American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
ASTM International (formerly known as the American Society for Testing and Materials)
Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC)
Certified Hazardous Materials Managers (CHMM)
Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
Green Science Policy Institute
Health Product Declaration Collaborative
Healthy Building Network
International Concrete Repair Institute (ICRI)
International Living Future Institute
International Society for Concrete Pavements (ISCP)
National Transportation Product Evaluation Program (NTPEP)
Sealant Waterproofing and Restoration Institute (SWR)
Transportation Research Board (TAB)
U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
As a preferred supplier to the construction industry, W. R. MEADOWS recognizes the critical impact that green building and sustainable design have on the environment. W. R. MEADOWS continually seeks to develop sustainable solutions that provide value to our customers, while also enabling them to utilize more sustainable and environmentally responsible building products and systems.
In support of our sustainability efforts, W. R. MEADOWS has implemented the following initiatives/practices:
- Pioneering the use of more environmentally responsible raw materials.
- Reducing waste generation through product/process improvements.
- Use of recycled raw materials in place of virgin raw materials when possible.
- Water consumption reduction programs.
- Solar panel installation in manufacturing facilities.
- Recycling programs in manufacturing and office environments.
- High-efficiency lighting in manufacturing facilities.
- Use of local suppliers when possible.
- Print-on-demand literature distribution.
- Research, development and production of building products and systems that support sustainable construction and design.
- Design and manufacture of building envelope systems that support sustainable design construction efforts.
- Promotion of our sustainable building products and systems through specification efforts with architects, engineers and building owners.
- Education of employees, shareholders, customers and regulatory bodies to support the company’s sustainability efforts.
- Extensive efforts to research, develop, manufacture and promote products that meet and exceed all Federal, State and Local Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) requirements.
James F. Dwyer
Chief Executive Officer
ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE CONCRETE PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS
By: Dave Carey DEALING WITH OUT OF DATE/OFF SPEC PRODUCTS Spring is just around the corner and is a great…
How Do VOCs Affect My Construction Project?
If you’ve ever known that “new-car smell,” you’ve experienced VOCs. VOC is the acronym for “volatile organic compounds,” which specifiers…
W. R. MEADOWS Podcast
Subscribe to podcast email updates Peter Brooks, owner and operator of IR Analyzers, gives us an in-depth look at the…