Product Data Sheet
|07 26 16||
Membrane Tape for Overlap Seams
PMPC TAPE is a self-adhesive tape used in conjunction with the application of PREMOULDED MEMBRANE® VAPOR SEAL WITH PLASMATIC® CORE (PMPC). PMPC TAPE provides the same water permeance properties (.0011 perms) as PMPC, which is the lowest in the industry.
PMPC TAPE is designed for sealing PMPC membrane seams and for attachment to footings, protrusions, etc.
- Backing stabilized to resist the effects of UV exposure.
- Product is very conformable.
- Maintains a watertight seal in all weather conditions.
PMPC TAPE is offered in 6″ (152.4 mm) widths and roll lengths of 50′ (15 m), six rolls per carton.
One box of tape will adhere approximately 24 sheets of PMPC.
Surface Preparation … The PMPC TAPE area of adhesion should be free from dust, dirt, and moisture to allow maximum adhesion of the pressure-sensitive tape. The anti-stick sheet on PMPC should be removed prior to applying PMPC TAPE.
Sealing Seams/Attaching to Footing … All lateral joints/seams in the membrane application can be overlapped and taped or butt-jointed and taped using 6″ (152.4 mm) wide PMPC TAPE. The most efficient installation method includes placing PMPC on top of the footing and against the vertical wall. This will sandwich PMPC between the footing, vertical wall, and poured concrete floor. This will help protect the concrete slab from external moisture sources once the slab has been placed.
Sealing Protrusions … Cut a slit around pipes, ductwork, rebar, and wire penetrations to place the initial layer of the membrane. To further protect the concrete slab from external moisture sources, use a piece of PMPC and place a collar around these as well.
- Cut a piece of PMPC a minimum of 12″ (34.8 mm). The length should be 1 ½ times the pipe circumference. With a roofer’s knife or scissors, cut “fingers” half the width of the film.
- Wrap around and tape the collar onto the pipe and completely tape fingers to the bottom layer of PMPC.
In the event that PMPC is damaged during or after installation, repairs must be made. Cut a piece of the membrane large enough to cover any damage by a minimum overlap of 6″ (152.4 mm) in all directions. Clean all adhesion areas of dust, dirt, and moisture. Tape down all edges using PMPC TAPE.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- MRc9: Construction and Demolition Waste Management
- EAp2: Minimum Energy Performance
- EAc2: Optimize Energy Performance