Product Data Sheet
|07 91 23|
Non-Gassing, Heat-Resistant Backer Rod
CERA-ROD is a closed-cell, round, flexible, continuous-length, non-absorbent, non-gassing, non-staining, non-shrinking material extruded from a cross-linked polyethylene. Compression/deflection is approximately 8 psi (55.2 KPa) at 25% deflection.
CERA-ROD is used in joints or large cracks in Portland cement or asphalt concrete. It provides the correct sealant reservoir configuration, controls joint depth, and prevents sealant run-out through the bottom of the joint. CERA-ROD also acts as a bond breaker to prevent bottom-side sealant adhesion.
- Works equally well in concrete joints/cracks or asphalt cracks.
- Use with hot-applied joint sealants … will not melt, shrink, evaporate, or stain.
- Retains its original diameter and is non-gassing when exposed to high sealant temperatures.
- Prevents run-out through voids or bottom of the joint … saves sealant material.
- Acts as a bond breaker to stop sealant adhesion to the bottom side of the joint.
- Fast and easy to apply.
Cartons weigh 11 lb. (4.99 kg) each, except the 1 ½” (38.1 mm) and 2″ (50.8 mm) sizes that weigh 30 lb. (13.61 kg) each.
- ASTM D5249, Type 1, Type 3
|Rod Diameter||Lineal Feet per Carton||Lineal Meters per Carton|
|3/8″ (9.5 mm)||3600||1097|
|1/2″ (12.7 mm)||2500||762.00|
|5/8″ (15.9 mm)||1550||472.44|
|7/8″ (22.2 mm)||850||259.08|
|1″ (25.4 mm)||550||167|
|1 1/4″ (31.8 mm)||400||121.92|
|1 1/2″ (38.1 mm)||552||168|
|2″ (50.8 mm)||360||109|
Crack and Joint Preparation … Remove all dirt and foreign matter.
Application Method … Install CERA-ROD with a single-wheeled or three-wheeled roller, depending on application. Avoid stretching or puncturing the material. CERA-ROD needs to be held in compression to work effectively. The diameter of the rod should be 1/8″ (3.2 mm) larger than the width of the joint for joint widths up to 3/4″ (19.1 mm). For joints 3/4″ (19.1 mm) and larger, add 1/4″ (6.4 mm) to diameter rod selection. Applications for all hot-applied joint sealants from W. R. MEADOWS can follow immediately.
Temperature limit of product is 410° F (210° C). Read and follow application information
and Safety Data Sheet information.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- MRc9: Construction and Demolition Waste Management