Product Data Sheet
|03 05 00||
Non-Yellowing, Water-Based Sealer for Decorative Concrete
DECRA-SEAL W/B is a non-yellowing, proprietary blend of polymers, high solids, liquid sealer for decorative concrete. The product is clear, transparent, and easy to apply. DECRA-SEAL W/B also offers greatly improved chemical resistance when compared to standard curing and sealing compounds. The product has been formulated to seal and protect decorative colored concrete by producing a hard (yet flexible) clear film.
DECRA-SEAL W/B is designed for various applications, including interior/exterior concrete surfaces, driveways, patios, swimming pool areas, and exposed aggregate, as well as any interior/exterior surface where protection and sealing of concrete is desired. The use of DECRA-SEAL W/B on any interior/exterior concrete surface provides a durable, long-lasting finish that has improved resistance to chemicals, oil, grease, deicing salts, and abrasions. DECRA-SEAL W/B is also designed for use with acid-stained and decorative concrete surfaces.
- Permeable film allows moisture in cured concrete to evaporate.
- Provides a totally clear membrane that will not yellow.
- Seals all concrete surfaces, providing a glossy appearance and easier cleanup.
- Dustproofs concrete with a tough, durable film.
- Helps minimize spalling of exterior concrete.
- Provides good blush resistance in damp areas.
- Applies easily.
- Provides a clear, tough film, which improves abrasion and stain resistance.
- Improves resistance to hot-tire staining.
- Offers improved resistance to rain, sun, freezing temperatures, most acids and industrial chemicals, oil, grease, deicing salts, cleaning agents (except aromatic solvents), caustics, airborne soot, dust, and other pollutants.
- Seals and enhances the beauty of many concrete surfaces for years.
- Can be recoated after thorough surface cleaning to restore original beauty.
1 Gal. (3.79 L) Units (4 per Case)
5 Gal. (18.93 L) Pails
55 Gal. (208.2 L) Drums
300 – 600 ft.2/gal. (7.37 – 14.73 m2/L). Coverage may vary due to porosity and condition of the concrete.
When stored indoors in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40° – 90° F (4° – 32° C), optimum performance and best use is obtained within one year of date of manufacture.
- Complies with U.S. EPA, LADCO, and OTC Phase I, and Arizona Maricopa County VOC requirements.
- Complies with Kern County, Bay Area, Imperial County, El Dorado County, San Luis Obispo, Northern Sonoma, and Yolo-Solano California Air District VOC requirements
- Dried film is USDA accepted
The following results were obtained under laboratory conditions:
|Drying Time @ 73º F, 50% RH:||2 – 3 hours**|
|Re-coat:||4 – 24 hours|
|Foot Traffic:||6 – 12 hours|
|Wheel Traffic:||24 hours|
|VOC Content:||204 g/L|
|Adhesion to Concrete:||Excellent|
|Ultraviolet light (UV) degradation, per ASTM C1315, 8.86
|**Low concrete or air temperatures and/or high relative humidity will extend drying times.|
Mixing … For optimum performance, gentle mixing or agitation is recommended. CAUTION: DO NOT MIX EXCESSIVELY.
Surface Preparation … Existing Concrete: Concrete surface must be clean and dry with all chemical form agents, stains, oil, grease, dust, and dirt removed prior to application.
New Stamped Concrete (At least 72 hours [three days] old): Surface must be clean and free from all powdered release agent residue. CAUTION: If a liquid compound other than CS-309™ or VOCOMP® series products from W. R. MEADOWS has been used, do not apply DECRA-SEAL W/B until all traces of the compound have been completely removed and the surface is clean and dry.
Application Method … A typical commercial sprayer, such as a Chapin 1949, provides an easy, economical method of application. DECRA-SEAL W/B can also be applied using a lint-free roller or lambs wool applicator. Care should be taken to maintain a wet-edge during application to prevent roller marks in the dried film.
DECRA-SEAL W/B should be sprayed with a nozzle that produces a flow of 0.1 GPM (0.379 LPM). Spray on in a fine, fog pattern, without spurts or dribbles, to form a thin, continuous film. AVOID PUDDLING in low areas. If puddles occur, brush or roll them out. For added protection and a greater sheen on concrete, we recommend two coats of DECRA-SEAL W/B be applied at right angles. Additional coats may be applied after the first coat has thoroughly dried.
Drying Time … DECRA-SEAL W/B dries quickly. Drying times may be extended depending on application rate, temperature, humidity, and project conditions. Restrict foot traffic for at least six hours. Twelve hours is preferred.
Cleanup … While DECRA-SEAL W/B is still wet, equipment may be cleaned with soap and water. Once dried, the material may be removed with a solvent, such as xylene or toluene.
KEEP FROM FREEZING. DO NOT ADD OR DILUTE WITH ANY OTHER COMPOUNDS. DO NOT MIX WITH ANY COMPOUNDS CONTAINING SOLVENT. Do not apply when air, material and surface temperatures are expected to fall below 40° F (4° C) within four hours of completed application. DECRA-SEAL W/B is designed for colored concrete, but mottling may occur. Do not use on dense or non-porous surfaces, i.e., brick, stone, etc. For other specifications, secure the approval of the paint or resilient flooring manufacturer before applying product. The specifier and user shall determine the suitability and assume all responsibilities therewith.
Direct contact may result in mild irritation. Inhalation may cause irritation of the respiratory tract. Refer to safety data sheet for complete health and safety information.