Product Data Sheet
|03 11 00|
Form Release Agent
DUOGARD CITRUS is a citrus-scented, multi-reactive form release agent. It is composed of an organic chemical that reacts with the alkali content of the concrete to form a release film that effectively prevents the bonding of concrete to the form. In addition, DUOGARD CITRUS also contains a high molecular weight and a non-reactive, chemically inert ingredient to assist in clean and quick form release and removal. These exclusive ingredients combine the effectiveness of a chemically reactive type and an inert barrier type to provide a doubly effective separation … DUO … and the ultimate in form release.
DUOGARD CITRUS can be used on various types of forms: wood, steel, fiberglass, aluminum, as well as fiber tubes. DO NOT USE on expanded polystyrene (foam), rubber, latex, or latex forms made from SBR or natural rubber. Wood forms should be saturated prior to first use. DUOGARD CITRUS increases the life of wood forms by penetrating into the wood to waterproof and prevent deterioration. It also reduces maintenance requirements on metal forms by forming a rustproof film that makes the metal form essentially self-cleaning and rust-free.
DUOGARD CITRUS should be applied to fiber tube forms even though they may be pre-coated. Tubes will strip much easier, even 60 to 90 days later. If tubes are stripped in 5 – 10 days, hand rubbing is greatly facilitated when tubes are coated with DUOGARD CITRUS.
DUOGARD CITRUS also cuts machine cleanup time because it minimizes concrete buildup. Pavers, trucks, mixers, spreader-finishers, buggies, chutes, and other types of equipment should be sprayed daily with DUOGARD CITRUS for easy cleanup and rust prevention.
DUOGARD CITRUS can be applied on forms for pre-stressed and precast concrete to produce a better and cleaner cast. The product will not stain or discolor concrete.
- Pleasant citrus scent.
- Contains no diesel fuel.
- Provides a better and cleaner cast when applied on pre-stressed and precast concrete forms.
- Cuts stripping time to an absolute minimum.
- Reduces form cleaning and repairing.
- Increases wood form life, prevents rust, and rustproofs metal forms.
- Effectively minimizes concrete buildup on pavers, R/M trucks, mixers, spreader-finishers, buggies, chutes, and other equipment.
- Prevents bonding between poured concrete and form.
- Breaks concrete bond between surface and form cleanly and effectively … leaves smooth surface.
- Will not stain or discolor concrete and can be painted over.
- Ready to use … requires no additional mixing.
5 Gal. Pails
55 Gal. Drums
600 – 1500 ft.2/gal., depending on type and porosity of form surface.
When stored indoors in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40° – 90° F, optimum performance and best use is obtained within two years of date of manufacture.
- Complies with U.S. EPA, LADCO states, OTC states, SCAQMD, and all other current North American VOC regulations.
Freezing Point: 10˚ F
VOC Content: 95 g/L
Surface Preparation … Clean form surfaces thoroughly prior to application. Remove all rust and scale from the forms in accordance with good concrete practices.
Application Method … Spraying is the ideal method of application. Use a Chapin 1949 sprayer and spray nozzle that produces a flow of 0.1 GPM. DUOGARD CITRUS may also be applied by roller coating, mopping, or brushing. A thin film should be applied for maximum economy and efficiency. Runs or puddles need to be brushed out. It is imperative when using new wooden forms of all types (plain wooden, plywood, rough cut, etc.) that DUOGARD CITRUS be applied and re-applied until complete saturation has been accomplished prior to first use. For metal forms, the best results are obtained with a spray-on “fog” application of DUOGARD CITRUS.
Cleanup … Clean application equipment with soap and water.
For exterior use only. DO NOT OVER-APPLY DUOGARD CITRUS TO FORMS AND EQUIPMENT. DO NOT DILUTE. DO NOT USE ON expanded polystyrene (foam), rubber, latex (or latex forms made from SBR or natural rubber), or plaster-coated forms. Read and follow all label directions prior to application. Product is an eye, skin, and respiratory irritant. Refer to Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- IEQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials – Paints and Coatings
- MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
- MR Credit 4: Recycled Content
- MR Credit 5: Regional Materials
This material last updated September 2014.