Product Data Sheet
|07 19 16|
Water Repellant Penetrating Sealer
PENTREAT 244-100 is a reactive, penetrating, 100% active silane sealer that inhibits water and chloride ion penetration in concrete and masonry structures. PENTREAT 244-100 is a hydrophobic, impregnating sealer that helps prevent chloride-induced corrosion of rebar, scaling, spalling, freeze-thaw damage, and other causes of debilitating concrete. Good concrete and concrete practices must be used as PENTREAT 244-100 will not be effective on improperly designed, placed, or cured concrete.
PENTREAT 244-100 is designed for use on horizontal, vertical, overhead, new, and existing concrete and masonry above-grade surfaces. Suitable applications include residential commercial, industrial, and municipal projects. PENTREAT 244-100 can be used on all types of concrete, including parking structures, driveways, plazas, patios, walkways, median barriers, bridge decks and piers, ramps, traffic barring concrete, marine structures, vehicular repair and wash down facilities, and loading docks.
- High-performance, breathable, reactive, penetrating, superior water repellent sealer.
- Provides an effective chloride screen.
- Keeps treated surfaces cleaner.
- Minimizes penetration from de-icing chemicals, salt, water, etc., that may damage concrete/masonry surface.
- Reduces spalling of new concrete surfaces.
- Will extend the life of concrete and masonry structures.
- Penetrates deeply for maximum protection.
- Chemically bonds to the substrate, preventing liquid absorption while allowing excellent vapor transmission.
- Leaves no residue/Requires no cleaning after application.
5 Gallon (18.9 L) Pails
55 Gallon (208.2 L) Drums
240 Gallon (908.5 L) Totes
Unless otherwise directed by applicable specifications, the rate of coverage can be up to 250 ft.2/gal. (6.1 m2/L). Coverage rate will vary due to the porosity of the substrate.
When stored indoors in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40° – 90° F, optimum performance and best use is obtained within two years of date of manufacture.
- Alberta Transportation B388 Type 1C
- Federal Specification SS-W-110C
- NCHRP 244 Series II
- NCHRP 244 Series IV
- AASHTO T259/T260
- ASTM E514
- ASTM C642
- ASTM C672
- OHD L-40
- Complies with CARB, National EPA VOC Emission Standard for Architectural Coatings, LADCO, Maricopa County, OTC Phase I and II, SCAQMD, and Utah Department of Environmental Quality R307 maximum allowable VOC requirements.
VOC Content: 315 g/L
Surface Preparation … Surfaces must be structurally sound, clean, and free from dirt, efflorescence, and stains. For optimum results, wait 14 – 28 days before applying PENTREAT 244-100 to new concrete. Concrete surface must be clean and dry with all stains, oil, grease, dust, dirt, and curing compounds removed prior to application.
Application Method … Apply with a low-pressure airless sprayer, such as a Chapin 19069 with a 0.1 GPM (0.379 LPM) spray rate, allowing PENTREAT 244-100 to flood the surface.
Horizontal Surfaces … Apply in a single pass. Completely saturate the surface and leave wet for 3 – 5 minutes. Then brush out or broom all pools and puddles of material from surface.
Vertical and Overhead Surfaces … Apply two coats wet on wet. Do not allow the first coat to fully dry before applying the second.
Drying Time … Product dries quickly; usually in one hour at 70° F (21.1° C). Drying times will vary depending on application rate, temperature, humidity, and project conditions.
PENTREAT 244-100 IS COMBUSTIBLE. KEEP AWAY FROM ALL OPEN FLAMES, SPARKS, IGNITION SOURCES, etc. Use with adequate ventilation and block all HVAC ventilation ducts which may spread product vapors – vapors are flammable and heavier than air. Do not use as a waterproofing or vapor barrier. PENTREAT 244-100 will not block water transmission through defective substrates such as cracked or improperly repaired surfaces.
Treated surface must be protected from rain for six hours minimum, but 12 hours is preferable. Do not over-apply. For optimum performance, the residual moisture of the substrate must not exceed 4%. The surface temperature should be between 40° F (4.4° C) and rising and 95° F (35° C) and falling.
Should it suddenly start to rain, stop treatment and cover impregnated areas. Do not over apply. Do not allow puddling or running to occur. On vertical applications, protect window panes and window frames that will be painted from contact with PENTREAT 244-100.
Always perform a small test area to ensure compatibility and performance prior to full application.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- MRc9: Construction and Demolition Waste Management
- EQc2: Low-Emitting Materials
[For Healthcare and Schools (exterior-applied products) ONLY]