|03 11 00||
DUOGARD II form release agent is composed of organic chemicals emulsified in water that react with the alkali content of concrete to form a release film that effectively prevents the bonding of the concrete to the form. In addition, the product also contains a high molecular weight, non-reactive, chemically inert ingredient to assist in clean, quick form release and removal. This exclusive combination of physical and chemical reactive components provides a doubly effective separation … DUO … and the ultimate in form release efficiency.
DUOGARD II form release agent can be used on various types of forms (wood and steel, as well as fiberglass, aluminum, and fiber tubes). DUOGARD II increases the life of wood forms by penetrating into the wood to waterproof and prevent deterioration. It reduces maintenance requirements on metal forms because it forms a rustproof film that makes the metal form essentially self-cleaning and rust-free.
For fiber tube forms, DUOGARD II should be applied, even though the forms may be pre-coated. The application of DUOGARD II will allow the fiber tubes to strip much easier, even 60 to 90 days later. If tubes are stripped in 5 to 10 days, hand rubbing is greatly facilitated when the tubes are coated with DUOGARD II.
DUOGARD II cuts machine cleanup time and minimizes concrete buildup. Pavers, trucks, mixers, spreader-finishers, buggies, chutes, and other types of equipment should be sprayed daily.
DUOGARD II can be applied on forms for pre-stressed and precast concrete to produce a better and cleaner cast.
- Can be safely used inside or outside.
- Produces a better and cleaner cast when applied on prestressed and precast concrete forms.
- Cuts stripping time to an absolute minimum.
- Reduces form cleaning and repairing.
- Increases wood form life … prevents rust … rustproofs metal forms.
- Effectively minimizes concrete buildup on pavers, R/M trucks, mixers, spreader-finishers, buggies, chutes, and other equipment.
- Breaks concrete bond between surface and form cleanly and effectively … leaves smooth surface.
- Will not stain or discolor concrete and can be painted over.
- Ready to use … requires no additional mixing.
- Minimizes surface voids.
- VOC compliant.
5 Gallon (18.93 Liter) Pails
55 Gallon (208.20 Liter) Drums
600 – 1500 ft.2/gal. (14.73 – 36.82 m2/L), depending on the type and porosity of the form surface.
The following coverage rates are approximate:
Hard & Smooth
1500 (36.82) approx.
1000 (24.55) approx.
600 (14.73) approx.
When stored indoors and in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40 – 90° F (4 – 32° C), shelf life is a minimum of two years from date of manufacture.
- Complies with U.S. EPA, LADCO states, OTC states, SCAQMD, and all other current North American VOC regulations.
Color: Opaque White
Freezing Point: 32° F (0° C)
VOC Content: 55 g/L
Surface Preparation … Form surfaces are to be thoroughly cleaned prior to application. All rust, scale, and previously used form release agents must be removed in accordance with good concrete practices.
Application Method … Spraying is the ideal method of application. Use a sprayer, such as a Chapin 1949, with a nozzle that produces a flow of 0.1 GPM (0.379 LPM). DUOGARD II may also be applied by roller coating, mopping, or brushing. A thin film should be applied for maximum economy and efficiency. Runs or puddles need to be brushed out. For metal forms, the best results are obtained with a spray-on “fog” application of DUOGARD II.
Cleanup … Tools and equipment used to apply DUOGARD II clean up easily with soap and water.
KEEP FROM FREEZING. DO NOT OVER-APPLY DUOGARD II TO FORMS AND EQUIPMENT. DO NOT DILUTE. Surface tensions of certain plastic forms may prevent adequate “wet-out” of DUOGARD II. A small test patch application is recommended to ensure uniform coverage of DUOGARD II.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Direct contact may cause mild to moderate irritation of the skin and eyes. Refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- IEQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials: Paints and Coatings
- MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
- MR Credit 5: Regional Materials
This material last updated November 2013.