While North America has not matched the modular building maturity of the Europe and Asia Pacific regions, significant growth is forthcoming. North American modular building is gaining traction for a few reasons:
- Modular building products results in up to a 50%1 reduction in building project timelines, which is helpful, especially during periods of housing shortages
- Building owners and homeowners realize pass-along savings of up to 35%2 because of the group purchasing-style of business model; building materials bought in larger quantities can be applied to several modular building manufacturing projects at a lower price, while also reducing waste
- Modular building removes up to 80% of activity1 away from the site, reducing noise pollution and air pollution
- The lack of wind and weather elements impacting factory controlled modular construction allows for consistent building progress, as well as more accurate, less rushed building inspections
- Greener building requirements mean reducing carbon offsets at construction sites, which modular building champions
W. R. MEADOWS MODULAR BUILDING PRODUCTS:
AIR-SHIELD SMP IS YOUR OFFSITE, AIRTIGHT PROTECTION
The Situation: Building energy efficiency requirements are escalating. However, air leakage is often the culprit for compromised energy efficiency. Building envelope air leaks from cracks, gaps, holes, doors, and windows mean (in cold-weather months) warm air can escape and cold air can enter, with the opposite being true in warm-weather climates.
The Solution: High-performing air barrier systems are your most effective modular building envelope protection from air leakage and moisture infiltration.
MEET AIR-SHIELD SMP: Your self-adhesive, robust exterior air barrier layer is virtually penetration free. You can install this peel-and-stick air barrier faster and more efficiently than traditional methods. Without mechanical fastening, you will not create the holes — and potential air leaks — for your new building.
AIR-SHIELD SMP minimizes your need for additional sealants, tapes, or specialist contractors. Our one-step, vapor-permeable air barrier system is comprised of a damage-resistant air barrier layer with an effective secondary weather protection layer, all in one installation process. You and your building owner gain from a faster, better wind and watertight modular building envelope.
MEET AIR-SHIELD LMP: Your sprayable, water-based, liquid moisture barrier forms a tough, seamless elastomeric membrane that resists air leakage. AIR-SHIELD LMP will stop liquid water intrusion into your substrate. With excellent adhesive properties, this barrier is designed to meet stringent fire code requirements. AIR-SHIELD LMP is asphalt-free, low VOC and UV-resistant.
Seasoned engineer Blair Davies is the partner behind two modular construction businesses, METALOQ and Catalyst Offsite. Blair recently joined W.…
Request More Information