Product Data Sheet
|03 39 23||
Resin-Based, Water Emulsion Concrete Curing Compound
The 1200-WHITE series of water-based, white-pigmented curing compounds are resin-based emulsions with selected white pigments. When properly applied, 1200-WHITE provides a premium-grade film, which optimizes water retention. The white pigment reflects the sun’s rays to help keep the concrete surface cooler and helps prevent excessive heat buildup.
1200-WHITE is ideal for application on exterior, horizontal surfaces, such as highways, airports, and street and curb paving. The product provides optimum curing when protection from the sun’s heat is desired.
- When properly applied, provides a premium-grade film, which optimizes water retention.
- Protects by reflecting the sun’s rays to keep the concrete surface cooler and prevent excessive heat buildup, which can cause thermal cracking.
- Furnished as a ready-to-use, true water-based compound.
- Produces hard, dense concrete … minimizes hair checking, thermal cracking, dusting, and other defects of improperly or uncured concrete.
- Offers a compressive strength significantly greater than improperly or uncured concrete.
- Increases tensile strength for greater resistance to cracking and surface crazing.
- Improves abrasion resistance and minimizes corrosive action of salts and chemicals … minimizes shrinkage.
- Applies quickly and easily with conventional commercial spray equipment.
- VOC compliant … meets U.S. EPA Architectural Coatings Rule requirements.
5 Gallon (18.93 L) Pails
55 Gallon (208.20 L) Drums
275 Gallon (1041 L) Totes
Approximately 200 ft.2/gal. (4.91 m2/L). Coverage is approximate and may vary depending on surface finish/texture, concrete condition, climatic conditions, etc. Always apply to a test area first to determine actual coverage rate before full-scale application.
When stored indoors in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40° – 90° F (4° – 32° C), optimum performance and best use is obtained within one year of date of manufacture.
- ASTM C 309, Type 2 , Class A & B
- AASHTO M 148, Type 2 , Class A & B
- A.A. Item P-610-2.11 (e)
- Oregon DOT
- Complies with all current federal, state, and local maximum allowable VOC requirements, including CARB, Arizona Maricopa County, OTC Phase I and II, Utah Department of Environmental Quality, U.S. EPA, and SCAQMD*.
*In the SCAQMD area of California, this product is for use on roadways and bridges only. (Not for use on curbs and gutters, sidewalks, islands, driveways, and other miscellaneous concrete areas.)
VOC Content: 219 g/L
Mixing … Any settling or separation in the container must be re-dispersed with gentle agitation prior to use. CAUTION: DO NOT MIX EXCESSIVELY.
Application Method … Application equipment must be clean and free of any previously used materials. Spray on in one even coat with a hand or power sprayer as soon as the surface water disappears from horizontal concrete surfaces. On vertical surfaces, spray on promptly after the forms are removed. Use a spray nozzle that produces a flow of 0.5 GPM (1.89 L) under 40 psi (.276 MPa) of pressure. A Chapin 1949 sprayer is recommended.
Drying Time … Typically dries in 1 – 2 hours. Drying times may be extended, depending on application rate, temperature, humidity, and project conditions. Restrict foot traffic until completely dry.
Cleanup … Prior to drying, application equipment can be easily cleaned up with soap and water. Once dried, it will be necessary to use mineral spirits or other suitable petroleum distillate.
KEEP FROM FREEZING. Do not apply when the temperature of the concrete is less than 40º F (4º C). DO NOT MIX WITH COMPOUNDS CONTAINING SOLVENT – SEPARATION WILL OCCUR. DO NOT ADD OR DILUTE WITH ANY OTHER COMPOUND. Do not use on surfaces that are later to be painted, tiled, hardened, sealed, or treated in any manner. For exterior use only. Do not use on patios, sidewalks, or other areas where there is typically no wheel traffic to abrade the white film surface. Not recommended for use on residential driveways. Read and follow application information.
In the SCAQMD area of California, this product is for use on roadways and bridges only. (Not for use on curbs and gutters, sidewalks, islands, driveways, and other miscellaneous concrete areas.)
Direct contact may result in mild irritation. Refer to Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.