Product Data Sheet
|03 39 23||
Water-Emulsion, Wax-Based Concrete Curing Compound
1300-CLEAR water-emulsion, wax-based concrete curing compound is an excellent cure for interior, exterior, horizontal, and vertical concrete surfaces. When properly applied, the product provides a premium-grade film which optimizes water retention. 1300-CLEAR appears white in color when wet, but dries clear. It is also available with a red fugitive dye to visually aid application coverage.
1300-CLEAR can be used on interior, exterior, horizontal, or vertical concrete applications, where subsequent surface treatments will not be applied.
- When properly applied, provides a premium-grade film which optimizes water retention.
- Furnished as a ready-to-use, true water-based compound.
- Produces hard, dense concrete … minimizes hair-checking, thermal cracking, dusting, and other defects.
- Enhances the functional capabilities of concrete by “sealing in” the performance assets of strength and long life.
- Offers a compressive strength significantly greater than improperly cured or uncured concrete.
- Increases tensile strength for greater resistance to cracking and surface crazing
- Improves resistance to abrasion and corrosive action of salts and chemicals … minimizes shrinkage.
- Applies quickly and easily with conventional, commercial spray equipment.
5 Gal. (18.9 L) Pails
55 Gal. (208.2 L) Drums
Approximately 200 ft.2/gal. (4.9 m2/L).
When stored indoors and in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40 – 90° F (4 – 32° C), shelf life is a minimum of two years from date of manufacture.
- ASTM C 309, Type 1, Class A
(Type 1-D, also available)
- AASHTO M 148, Type I, Class A
(Type 1-D, also available)
- Missouri Department of Transportation: Section 1055
- Complies with all current federal, state, and local maximum allowable VOC requirements, including U.S. EPA, LADCO, SCAQMD, and OTC.
VOC Content: 20 g/L
Surface Preparation … Application equipment must be clean and free of any previously used materials.
Mixing… For optimum performance, gentle mixing or agitation is recommended. CAUTION: TO AVOID FOAMING, DO NOT MIX EXCESSIVELY.
Application Method… 1300-CLEAR may be sprayed on in one even coat with a hand or power sprayer, such as a Chapin 1949, as soon as the surface water disappears from horizontal concrete surfaces. On vertical surfaces, spray on promptly after the forms are removed. Use a spray tip that produces a flow of .5 gal. (1.89 L) per minute under 40 psi (.276 MPa) of pressure.
Drying Time… Depends on weather conditions and coverage, but will generally dry in one hour. Restrict foot traffic for at least four hours. Twelve hours is preferable.
Cleanup… Prior to drying, equipment may be easily cleaned with soap and water. Once dried, use mineral spirits or other suitable petroleum distillate.
KEEP FROM FREEZING. Do not apply if the temperature of the concrete is less than 40º F (4º C). DO NOT MIX WITH CURES CONTAINING SOLVENT OR ADD SOLVENTS TO WATER-BASED CURES – SEPARATION WILL OCCUR. DO NOT ADD OR DILUTE WITH ANY OTHER COMPOUND. Do not use on concrete surfaces where paint, tile, or other treatments will be subsequently applied.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Direct contact may result in mild irritation. Refer to Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.