Product Data Sheet
|03 39 23|
Resin-Based, Water Emulsion Concrete Curing Compound
1150-CLEAR water-based concrete curing compound is formulated from hydrocarbon resins and may be used on interior, exterior, vertical, and horizontal concrete surfaces. Once applied, it forms a liquid membrane that retains an optimum amount of water present in freshly placed concrete to allow complete hydration of the cement. NOTE: After approximately four weeks, the membrane begins to chemically break down. When the curing cycle is complete, the membrane will eventually wear off the surface. This process usually takes another three to five weeks under normal traffic and weathering conditions.
1150-CLEAR can be used on both interior and exterior applications where paint, resilient tile, or resilient flooring will be applied. Because of the wide variety of paints and adhesives for carpeting and resilient tile in use, contact the manufacturer of the flooring system for application approval on substrates containing residual resin-type curing compounds. A small test application is also recommended.
- When properly applied, produces a premium-grade film, which optimizes water retention.
- Furnished as a ready-to-use, true water-based compound.
- Produces hard, dense concrete … minimizes hair-checking, thermal cracking, dusting, and other defects.
- Enhances the functional capabilities of concrete by “sealing in” the performance assets of strength and long life.
- Offers a compressive strength significantly greater than improperly cured or uncured concrete.
- Increases tensile strength for greater resistance to cracking and surface crazing.
- Improves resistance to the abrasive and corrosive actions of salts and chemicals … minimizes excessive shrinkage.
- Can be applied quickly and easily with conventional, commercial spray equipment.
- VOC compliant.
- Formulations also available with red fugitive dye added.
5 Gallon Pails
55 Gallon Drums
Approximately 200 ft.2/gal. Coverage rate may vary depending on conditions (temperature, wind, etc.) at the jobsite, as well as the porosity and condition of the concrete.
When stored indoors in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40° – 90° F, optimum performance and best use is obtained within one year of date of manufacture.
- ASTM C 309, Type 1, Class A & B (Type 1-D also available)
- AASHTO M 148, Type 1, Class A & B (Type 1-D also available)
- Complies with U.S. EPA, LADCO states, OTC states, SCAQMD, and all other current North American VOC regulations.
VOC Content: 42 g/L
Surface Preparation … Application equipment must be clean and free of any previously used materials.
Mixing … For optimum performance, gentle mixing or agitation is recommended. CAUTION: TO AVOID FOAMING, DO NOT MIX EXCESSIVELY. In the container, 1150-CLEAR appears ivory in color. However, it dries to a clear, transparent coating with a very slight amber tint.
Application Method … Apply in a uniform film to horizontal surfaces as soon as the surface water disappears and the surface will not be marred by walking workmen. On vertical surfaces, apply promptly after the forms are removed. 1150-CLEAR may be applied with a typical commercial hand or power sprayer, such as a Chapin 1949. Use a spray tip that produces a flow of 0.5 GPM under 40 psi (.276 MPa) of pressure.
Drying Time … Typically dries in 1 – 2 hours, depending on jobsite conditions (temperature, wind, etc.) Restrict foot traffic for at least four hours. Twelve hours is preferable.
Cleanup … Prior to drying, cleanup can be accomplished with soap and water. Once dried, it will be necessary to clean up with mineral spirits or other suitable petroleum distillate.
KEEP FROM FREEZING. Do not apply if concrete temperature is less than 40˚ F. DO NOT MIX WITH COMPOUNDS CONTAINING SOLVENT – SEPARATION WILL OCCUR. DO NOT ADD OR DILUTE WITH ANY OTHER COMPOUND. SURFACE MAY DISCOLOR AND/OR YELLOW DUE TO OVER-APPLICATION. Do not paint or apply resilient flooring over any 1150-cured surface without first checking the specifications and securing the approval of the paint or resilient flooring manufacturer. If removal is necessary, use ULTRITE® DEGREASER from W. R. MEADOWS.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Direct contact may result in mild irritation. Refer to Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- IEQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials: Paints and Coatings
- MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
- MR Credit 5: Regional Materials
This material last updated November 2014.