Product Data Sheet
|03 39 23||No. 1625|
Water-Based, Wax-Based Concrete Curing Compound
1625-WHITE water-based, wax-based concrete curing compound is a wax-based dispersion with selected white pigments. When properly applied, it provides a premium-grade film, which optimizes water retention. The white pigment reflects the sun’s rays to help keep the concrete surface cooler and to prevent excessive heat buildup.
1625-WHITE is ideal for application on exterior, horizontal surfaces, such as highways, airports, and street and curb paving. The product provides excellent curing properties when protection from the sun’s heat is desired.
- When properly applied, provides a premium-grade film, which optimizes water retention.
- Protects by reflecting the sun’s rays to keep the concrete surface cooler and prevent excessive heat buildup, which can cause thermal cracking.
- Furnished as a ready-to-use, true water-based compound.
- Produces hard, dense concrete … minimizes hair-checking, thermal cracking, dusting, and other defects.
- Enhances the functional capabilities of concrete by “sealing in” the performance assets of strength and long life.
- Offers a compressive strength significantly greater than improperly cured or uncured concrete.
- Increases tensile strength for greater resistance to cracking and surface crazing.
- Improves resistance to abrasion and the corrosive actions of salts and chemicals … minimizes shrinkage.
- Applies quickly and easily with conventional commercial spray equipment.
- VOC compliant.
5 Gallon Pails
55 Gallon Drums
Coverage is approximately 200 ft.2/gal.
When stored indoors in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40° – 90° F, optimum performance and best use is obtained within one year of date of manufacture.
- ASTM C 309, Type 2, Class A
- AASHTO M 148, Type 2, Class A
- FAA Spec. Item P-610-2.11 (e)
- SCAQMD Rule 1113
- Missouri DOT
- Ohio DOT
- Florida DOT
- North Carolina DOT
VOC Content: 92 g/L
Surface Preparation … Application equipment must be clean and free of any previously used materials.
Mixing … Any settling or separation in the container must be re-dispersed with gentle agitation prior to use. CAUTION: TO AVOID FOAMING, DO NOT MIX EXCESSIVELY.
Application Method … Spray on in one even coat with a hand or power sprayer, such as a Chapin 1949, as soon as the surface water disappears from horizontal concrete surfaces. Use a spray tip that produces a flow of 0.5 GPM under 40 psi of pressure.
Drying Time … is approximately two hours. Restrict foot traffic for at least four hours.
Cleanup … Prior to drying, equipment may be easily cleaned with soap and water. Once dried, use mineral spirits or other suitable petroleum distillate.
KEEP FROM FREEZING. Do not apply when the temperature of the concrete is less than 40º F. DO NOT MIX WITH COMPOUNDS CONTAINING SOLVENT. DO NOT ADD OR DILUTE WITH ANY OTHER COMPOUND. Do not use on surfaces that are later to be painted, tiled, hardened, sealed, or treated in any manner. Do not use on patios, sidewalks or other areas where there is typically no wheel traffic to abrade the white film surface. Not recommended for use on residential driveways.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Direct contact may result in mild irritation. Refer to Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.