Our subsidiary company, Blue Ridge Fiberboard, offers Soundstop® as a great value engineering option to reduce noise transmission from room to room. Soundstop is an eco-friendly, wood fiber sound deadening product that is ideally suited for application on walls, ceilings, and upstairs/downstairs soundproofing in homes and commercial buildings.
Some of the benefits include:
- The most cost-effective soundproofing solution available
- R-value of 1.3
- Perm rating in excess of 20; promotes a breathable building envelope
- Offered in 4′ x 8′ x 1/2″ and 4′ x 9′ x 1/2″ sizes; 46 pieces per unit
- Mini bundles of 46 pieces to minimize inventory
- Meets the requirements of the International Building Code (IBC) and ASTM C208
- Available nationwide
You can achieve a Sound Transmission Class Ratings (STC) of up to 60 (superior sound proofing) – the higher the STC rating, the more efficient the system for reducing sound transmission – by installing Soundstop underneath gypsum wallboard. This assembly is rated 15 points higher than a standard wall partition.