Product Data Sheet
|03 35 00||
Concrete Curing Agent, Hardener, and Dustproofer
MED-CURE is a ready-to-use, water-based, VOC-compliant concrete curing agent, hardener, and dustproofer. It is residue-free and contains no wax, resin, or other materials that would inhibit the bond of subsequent coatings and/or treatments over substrate treated with MED-CURE.
MED-CURE is ideal as a curing aid as well as for hardening and dustproofing exposed concrete floor slabs, sidewalks, driveways, beams, columns, etc. It can be used to provide a dust-free surface on concrete floors to be painted or covered by resilient, carpeted, wood, or synthetic flooring.
- Meets the moisture retention requirement of ASTM C309 on hard trowel concrete.
- Penetrates to aid curing, as well as to harden concrete, in one easy application.
- Minimizes hair checking, thermal cracking, dusting, and other defects.
- Provides a low-maintenance, finished surface.
- Tinted product available which aids in identifying coverage.
- Ideal for new, old, interior, exterior, horizontal, and vertical concrete surfaces.
- Dries fast and may be recoated if desired.
- Application tools may be cleaned with water.
- Does not prevent the adhesion of subsequent coatings, treatments, or flooring material.
5 Gallon (18.9 L) Pails
55 Gallon (208.2 L) Drums
275 Gallon (1041 L) Totes
300 – 500 ft.2/gal.
(7.36 m²/L – 12.27 m²/L)
500 – 700 ft.2/gal.
(12.27 m²/L – 17.18 m²/L)
Coverage is approximate and may vary depending on surface finish/texture, concrete condition, climatic conditions, etc. Always apply to a test area first to determine actual coverage rate before full-scale application.
When stored indoors in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40° – 90° F (4° – 32° C), optimum performance and best use is obtained within one year of date of manufacture.
- Complies with all current federal, state, and local maximum allowable VOC requirements, including National AIM, LADCO, OTC Phase I and II, CARB, and SCAQMD.
- Treated surface is USDA accepted.
- Meets the moisture retention requirement of ASTM C309 on densely-trowel concrete.
VOC Content: 0 g/L
Fresh (New) Concrete … Apply as soon as all surface water has disappeared and the concrete surface will not be marred by walking workers.
Existing (Old) Concrete: … Concrete surface must be clean and dry with all stains, oil, grease, dust, and dirt removed prior toapplication.
Application Method … Use a sprayer or short-nap roller to apply a uniform film. Avoid puddling in low areas. If puddles occur, brush or roll them out. A standard industrial-grade sprayer, such as a Chapin 1949, and a spray nozzle that produces a flow of 0.1 GPM (0.379 LPM) under 40 psi of pressure, is recommended.
Mixing … For optimum performance, gentle mixing or agitation is recommended.
Drying Time … MED-CURE dries in approximately one hour. Drying times may vary depending on application rate, temperature, humidity, wind, and project conditions.
Cleanup … Application equipment may be cleaned easily with soap and water while still wet.
DO NOT DILUTE. Do not apply if the temperature of the concrete is less than 40º F (4.4° C). KEEP FROM FREEZING. If MED-CURE is accidentally sprayed or spilled on glass, brick, aluminum, painted surfaces, etc., flush immediately with water. Do not over-apply. Over-application or puddling of MED-CURE on the surface may lead to white crystals forming on the surface which are difficult to remove. Mechanical abrasion is the only effective manner to remove crystals.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- MRc9: Construction and Demolition Waste Management
- EQc2: Low-Emitting Materials
[For Healthcare and Schools (exterior-applied products) ONLY]
HEALTH AND SAFETY
This product will not support combustion. Read and follow application information and use in accordance with the health and safety information shown on the label. Refer to Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.