|03 30 00||
Concrete Curing Aid
SIL-CRETE is a proprietary blend of silicates that is specifically formulated for exterior concrete. When applied to fresh concrete, the product helps to reduce water evaporation and improves the surface integrity of the concrete. The product is residue-free and treated concrete will accept a later application of a W. R. MEADOWS silane sealer, such as the PENTREAT 244 series or INTRAGUARD™.
SIL-CRETE is designed for broomed, exterior concrete surfaces, such as parking lots and driveways. This curing aid protects and hardens concrete. SIL-CRETE may also be used as a curing aid and hardener on interior troweled floors.
- Improves the surface integrity and durability of concrete.
- Reduces rapid water evaporation from fresh concrete.
- Creates uniform concrete appearance in properly designed and placed concrete mix.
- Can be used in conjunction with PENTREAT 244 or INTRAGUARD™ from W. R.MEADOWS to provide water repellent/chloride-resistant protection.
5 Gallon (18.93 Liter) Pails
55 Gallon (208.20 Liter) Drums
Broomed or Float Finish: 400 ft.2/gal. (9.82 m²/L)
When stored indoors in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40° – 90° F (4° – 32° C), optimum performance and best use is obtained within one year of date of manufacture.
Complies with all current federal, state, and local maximum allowable VOC requirements, including EPA, LADCO, OTC, and SCAQMD.
VOC Content: 0 g/L
Mixing … For optimum performance, gentle mixing or agitation is recommended.
Application Method … New concrete: Apply SIL-CRETE as soon as surface water has disappeared and the surface is dry to the touch or hard enough to walk on. Apply one even coat with a pressure hand sprayer, such as a Chapin 1949 with a 0.1 GPM (0.379 LPM) spray nozzle, or lint-free roller.
Drying Time … SIL-CRETE dries in approximately one hour.
Cleanup … Application equipment may be cleaned easily with soap and water while still wet.
DO NOT DILUTE. Do not apply if the temperature of the concrete is less than 40º F. KEEP FROM FREEZING. If SIL-CRETE is accidentally sprayed or spilled on glass, brick, aluminum, painted surfaces, etc., flush immediately with water. Do not over-apply.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- IEQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials – Paints and Coatings
- IEQ Credit 4.3: Low-Emitting Materials – Flooring Systems
- MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
- MR Credit 5: Regional Materials