Product Data Sheet
|07 13 26|
MEL-PRIME W/B water-based adhesive is a ready-to-use compound specifically formulated with polymers in a true water-based emulsion.
Apply MEL-PRIME W/B to simultaneously prepare and dustproof new, existing, vertical, and horizontal surfaces in one easy, economical operation. MEL-PRIME W/B is designed to condition surfaces that receive waterproofing and air and vapor barrier products from W. R. MEADOWS. Use MEL-PRIME W/B to condition all concrete surfaces to receive applications of MEL-DEK™, MEL-ROL®, and/or AIR-SHIELD™ from W. R. MEADOWS.
- Ready to use.
- Easy to apply/No harmful odors.
- brown to blackish in color and turns to full black after curing for easy, visible identification of coverage area.
- Provides durable, strong adhesion.
- Compatible with full line of W. R. MEADOWS building envelope products.
- Ideal for conditioning new, existing, horizontal, vertical, interior, and exterior concrete surfaces.
- VOC compliant.
1 Gallon (3.79 Liter) Units
5 Gallon (18.9 Liter) Pails
150 – 200 ft.2/gal. (3.7 – 4.9 m2/L)
When stored indoors in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40 – 90° F (4 – 32° C), optimum performance and best use is obtained within six months of date of manufacture.
- Complies with all current federal, state, and local maximum allowable VOC requirements, including U.S. EPA, SCAQMD, and OTC.
VOC Content: 0 g/L
Surface Preparation … Concrete should be clean, dry, smooth, and free of all voids. Repair spalled areas, fill all voids, and remove sharp protrusions. For additional surface preparation requirements, see instructions for applying MEL-DEK, MEL-ROL, and/or AIR-SHIELD.
Mixing … Product requires thorough mixing prior to application.
Application Method … Apply MEL-PRIME W/B in fair weather when the surface and air temperatures are 40º F (4º C) and rising. Apply with a sprayer, roller, or brush. Condition only the area to be covered with the product membrane during the working day. Areas not covered with a membrane in 24 hours must be reconditioned. NOTE: Metal surfaces do not require conditioning; however, they must be clean, dry, and free of loose paint, rust, or other contaminants.
Drying Time … Dries in approximately one hour, depending on temperature and application rate. Surface must be tacky to the touch before covering. If the work area is very dusty, apply membrane as soon as possible after MEL-PRIME W/B is dry.
Cleanup … Application equipment can be cleaned with soap and water before MEL-PRIME W/B dries. Once dry, equipment can be cleaned with mineral spirits.
Do not apply MEL-PRIME W/B when rain is imminent, on frozen or frost-covered surfaces, or when surface and air temperatures are below 40º F (4º C). Avoid allowing MEL-PRIME W/B to puddle – this will lengthen drying time. Do not dilute, use as is. KEEP FROM FREEZING. Refer to Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- IEQ Credit 3.1: Construction Indoor Air Quality Management Plan – During Construction
- IEQ Credit 7.1: Thermal Comfort – Design
- MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
- MR Credit 5: Regional Materials
This material last updated May 2015.