What is MEL-ROL?
MEL-ROL is a waterproofing membrane that provides a cost-effective answer to provide moisture protection in all below grade applications in residential and commercial construction. MEL-ROL waterproofing system is a flexible, versatile, dependable, bituminous, roll-type waterproofing membrane. It is composed of a nominally 56 mil thick layer of polymeric waterproofing membrane on a heavy-duty, four-mil thick, cross-laminated polyethylene carrier film. It is equally effective for use as between-the-slab waterproofing on plaza decks, parking decks, and structural slabs. Use it as a waterproofing membrane to isolate mechanical and electronic rooms, laboratories, kitchens, and bathrooms. MEL-ROL offers positive protection when “wrapped around” major rapid transit, vehicular, utility, and pedestrian tunnel projects. MEL-ROL can also be used on insulated concrete forms
- Offers a quick and easy-to-apply system for maximum productivity.
- Special membrane-to-membrane adhesion provides additional overlap security.
- Meets or exceeds the test requirements of all currently applicable specifications.
- Components work together for positive waterproofing protection.
- Handles with ease on the jobsite.
- Available in a low temperature version for use when air and surface temperatures are between 20° F (-7° C) and 60° F (16° C). An extra-low temp version is also available, ideal for application in extra-low temperatures down to 0º F (-18º C).
We recently created an application guideline document. The document includes: recommended tools, additional W. R. MEADOWS products, surface preparation, how to detail the corners, how to treat protrusions, footing details, vertical and horizontal wall application techniques, and how to repair the membrane if it gets damaged. To read this document, click here.
To learn more about MEL-ROL, please visit our website at wrmeadows.com. If you have a question or a comment post it below.