We’ve been fielding a lot of online chat queries lately about HRM 714, so we thought it was a good time to blog about it. If you’re unfamiliar, HRM 714 is our hot-applied, rubberized asphalt waterproofing membrane. We innovate our products to add muscle to your structures’ protection, and HRM 714 is no exception. (See our University of Arizona HRM 714 Case Study.)
HRM 714 is Ideal for These Projects:
- Waterproofing Bridges
- Parking Lots
- Promenade Decks
- Pedestrian Concourses, and
- Projects Benefiting from Monolithic Waterproofing Membrane
The question we’ve been asked the most lately is about how much coverage HRM 714 provides. The answer to that is that at 215 Mils of waterproofing protection, it takes approximately 1.23 lb./ft.2 or 6 kg/m2of material. At an application rate of 0.72 lb./ft.2 (3.5 kg/m3) HRM 714 offers 125 Mils of thickness coverage. These are average coverage rates dependent upon your surface conditions.
We’re being told by our customers and distributors that HRM 714 is outperforming others in the market for providing contractors with greater area coverage, but we’ll let you be the judge of that.
What You Need to Know When You Waterproof with HRM 714:
As with all high-performance, hot-applied waterproofing membranes, never use a direct-fired roofer’s kettle; HRM 714 requires an insulated, double-shell, oil-jacketed kettle with an engine-driven agitator and thermometer for both the oil and the compound.
- After the first coat, you’ll need to install REINFORCING FABRIC HCR in the membrane.
- Do not apply to lightweight concrete containing moisture.
- Do not apply to concrete surfaces that are not properly conditioned: you’ll need to prepare the surface, e.g., removing prior concrete pour spills, filing depressions left in the concrete, old waterproofing, filling in cracks, etc.
- HRM 714 is not compatible with pitch or derivatives of coal tar.
- When applying HRM 714 at ambient temperatures below 40° F (5°C), you’ll need to take extra care with your surface conditioning.
- Do not leave permanently exposed.
Supplemental W. R. MEADOWS Products You May Want on Hand for Your HRM 714 Projects:
- REINFORCING FABRIC HCR
- PROTECTION COURSE
- MEADOW-PATCH 5
- MEADOW-CRETE GPS
We hope this covers enough of the key points to help you in your hot-applied, rubberized asphalt membrane product research. Our inside and outside sales team welcomes the opportunity to answer any further questions you may have. Please call (800) 342-5976. We look forward to speaking with you soon. Click here to see our HRM 714 Product Data Sheet.