Product Data Sheet
|03 39 23|
Water-Based, Resin-Based Concrete Curing Compound
CC-309-2WS water-based, white-pigmented curing compound is a resin-based dispersion with selected white pigments. When properly applied, the product provides a premium-grade film, which optimizes water retention. The white pigment reflects the sun’s rays to help keep the concrete surface cooler and help prevent excessive heat buildup.
CC-309-2WS is designed for application on highways, airports, streets, and bridge decks. The product provides excellent curing when protection from the sun’s heat is desired.
- When properly applied, provides a premium-grade film, which optimizes water retention.
- Protects by reflecting the sun’s rays to keep the concrete surface cooler and prevent excessive heat buildup, which can cause thermal cracking.
- Produces hard, dense concrete … minimizes hair checking, thermal cracking, dusting, and other defects.
- Enhances the functional capabilities of concrete by “sealing in” the performance assets of strength and long life.
- Offers a compressive strength significantly greater than improperly or uncured concrete.
- Increases tensile strength for greater resistance to cracking and surface crazing.
- Improves abrasion resistance and minimizes corrosive action of salts and chemicals … minimizes shrinkage.
- Applies quickly and easily with conventional, commercial spray equipment.
5 Gallon Pails
55 Gallon Drums
275 Gallon Totes
Approximately 200 ft.2/gal.
When stored indoors in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40 – 90° F, shelf life is a minimum of one year from date of manufacture.
- AASHTO M 148, Type 2, Class B
- ASTM C 309, Type 2, Class B
- CALTRANS System 2
- FAA Spec. Item 610 – 2.11(e)
- Formulated specifically for federal, state, county and municipal highway and airport paving projects
VOC Content: 291 g/L
Surface Preparation … Application equipment must be clean and free of any previously used materials.
Mixing … Any settling or separation in the container must be re-dispersed with gentle agitation prior to use. CAUTION: TO AVOID FOAMING, DO NOT MIX EXCESSIVELY.
Application Method … Spray on in one even coat with a hand or power sprayer, such as a Chapin 1949, as soon as the surface water disappears from horizontal concrete surfaces. On vertical surfaces, spray on promptly after the forms are removed. Use a spray nozzle that produces a flow of ½ gallon per minute under 40 psi of pressure.
Cleanup … Prior to drying, application equipment can be cleaned up with soap and water. Once dried, it will be necessary to use mineral spirits or other suitable petroleum distillate.
KEEP FROM FREEZING. Do not apply when the temperature of the concrete is less than 40° F. DO NOT MIX WITH COMPOUNDS CONTAINING SOLVENT – SEPARATION WILL OCCUR. DO NOT ADD OR DILUTE WITH ANY OTHER COMPOUND. Do not use on surfaces that are later to be painted, tiled, hardened, sealed, or treated in any manner. Do not use on patios, sidewalks, or other areas where there is typically no wheel traffic to abrade the white film surface. Not recommended for use on residential driveways. Read and follow application information.
For use on highways, airports, streets and bridge decks only. (Not for use on curbs and gutters, sidewalks, islands, driveways, and other miscellaneous concrete areas.)
Direct contact may result in mild irritation. Refer to product Material Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- IEQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials: Paints and Coatings
- MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
- MR Credit 5: Regional Materials
This material last updated October 2013.