Product Data Sheet
|03 05 00|
|03 39 23||No. 354|
Anti-Spalling and Curing Compound
LIN-SEAL WHITE anti-spalling and curing compound is a true water-based, white-pigmented, high solids emulsion of boiled linseed oil. When properly applied, the product forms a protective coat that inhibits moisture loss in freshly-placed concrete. The white pigments reflect the heat-producing rays of the sun to keep the concrete surface cooler and prevent excessive heat buildup. The product is also ideal for preventing spalling and scaling of concrete surfaces.
LIN-SEAL WHITE anti-spalling and curing compound is ideal for use on bridge decks, ramps, and other DOT concrete surfaces exposed to water, de-icing salts, or other deleterious materials. The product increases the durability of concrete to prolong its service life.
- When properly applied, provides a protective coat which optimizes water retention.
- Protects by reflecting the sun’s rays to keep the concrete surface cooler and prevent excessive heat buildup, which can cause thermal cracking.
- Furnished as a ready-to-use, true water-based compound.
- Produces hard, dense concrete … minimizes hair-checking, thermal cracking, dusting and other defects.
- Prevents scaling and spalling.
- Offers a compressive strength significantly greater than improperly cured or uncured concrete.
- Increases tensile strength for greater resistance to cracking and surface crazing.
- Improves abrasion resistance and minimizes corrosive action of salts and chemicals … minimizes shrinkage.
- Applies quickly and easily with conventional commercial spray equipment.
5 Gallon (18.93 Liter) Pails
55 Gallon (208.20 Liter) Drums
275 Gallon (1040.99 Liter) Totes
Approximately 200 ft.2/gal. (4.91 m2/L). Coverage may vary due to porosity and condition of the concrete.
When stored indoors in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40° – 90° F (4° – 32° C), optimum performance and best use is obtained within one year of date of manufacture.
- ASTM C309, Type 2, Class A & B*
- AASHTO M 148, Type 2, Class A & B*
- Numerous state DOT specifications
- Complies with National AIM, Phase I OTC, Phase II OTC, CARB, and SCAQMD maximum allowable VOC requirements.
*With exemption for drying time.
TECHNICAL DATA (Typical)
Color: White Liquid
Solids, wt. %: 52.0
Weight per Gal., lb./gal: 8.5
VOC Content: 41 g/L
Fresh (New) Concrete … Apply as soon as all surface water has disappeared and the concrete surface will not be marred by walking workers.
Mixing … Any settling or separation in the container must be re-dispersed with gentle agitation prior to use. CAUTION: DO NOT MIX EXCESSIVELY.
Application Method … Spray on in one even coat with hand or power spray equipment as soon as surface water disappears from the horizontal concrete surface. On vertical surfaces, spray on promptly after the forms are removed. Use of a Chapin 1949 sprayer with a 0.5 GPM (1.9 LPM) spray nozzle is recommended. Application equipment must be clean and free of any previously used products/liquids.
Cleanup … Prior to drying, application equipment can be easily cleaned up with soap and water. Once dried, use mineral spirits or other suitable solvent.
NOTE: Materials soaked with linseed oil (rags, absorbents, etc.) may spontaneously catch on fire if improperly discarded. Immediately after use, all materials coming in contact with this product should be placed in a water-filled container. This container should then be covered and sealed closed.
KEEP FROM FREEZING. Do not apply when the temperature of the concrete is less than 40º F (4º C). DO NOT MIX OR DILUTE WITH ANY OTHER LIQUIDS OR PRODUCTS. Do not use on surfaces that are later to be painted, tiled, hardened, sealed, or treated in any manner. Do not use on patios, sidewalks, or other areas where there is no wheel traffic to abrade the white film surface. Not recommended for use on residential driveways. Drying of products containing linseed oil results in the generation of heat which may result in the ignition of combustible materials, such as rags, paper towels, etc. For exterior use only.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Direct contact may result in mild irritation. Refer to Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- EQc2: Low-Emitting Materials
[For Healthcare and Schools (exterior-applied products) ONLY]