Product Data Sheet
|07 26 16||
Overlap Seam Tape
PERMINATOR TAPE is a self-adhesive tape, used in conjunction with the application of PERMINATOR underslab vapor barrier.
PERMINATOR TAPE is for use in sealing vapor barrier seams and attachment to footings, protrusions, etc.
- Backing stabilized to resist the effects of UV exposure.
- Product is very conformable.
- Maintains a watertight seal in all weather conditions.
PERMINATOR TAPE is offered in 4″ (101.6 mm) widths and roll lengths of 180′ (55 m), 12 rolls/carton.
One box of tape will adhere approximately 10 rolls of PERMINATOR.
- ASTM E1643
|Thickness||8 Mils (0.2 mm)|
Surface Preparation … The PERMINATOR TAPE area of adhesion should be free from dust, dirt, and moisture, to allow maximum adhesion of the pressure-sensitive tape.
Sealing Seams/Attaching to Footing … All joints/seams in the vapor barrier application, both lateral and butt, should be overlapped 6″ (152.4 mm) and taped using PERMINATOR TAPE. The most efficient installation method includes placing PERMINATOR on top of the footing and against the vertical wall. This will sandwich PERMINATOR between the footing, vertical wall, and poured concrete floor (see illustration below). This will help protect the concrete slab from external moisture sources once the slab has been placed.
Sealing Protrusions … Cut a slit around pipes, ductwork, rebar and wire penetrations to place the initial layer of the vapor barrier. To further protect the concrete slab from external moisture sources, use a piece of vapor barrier and place a collar around these as well.
- Cut a piece of PERMINATOR a minimum of 12″ (304.8 mm). The length should be 1 ½ times the pipe circumference. With a roofer’s knife or scissors, cut “fingers” half the width of the film. (See figure 1.)
- Wrap around and tape the collar onto the pipe and completely tape fingers to the bottom layer of PERMINATOR, as shown in figure 2.
In the event that PERMINATOR is damaged during or after installation, repairs must be made. Cut a piece of the vapor barrier large enough to cover any damage by a minimum overlap of 6″ (152.4 mm) in all directions. Clean all adhesion areas of dust, dirt and moisture. Tape down all edges using PERMINATOR TAPE.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- EAp2: Minimum Energy Performance
- EAc2: Optimize Energy Performance
- MRc9: Construction and Demolition Waste Management
PERMINATOR TAPE Resources
PERMINATOR underslab vapor barrier/retarder is a new generation of polyolefin-based resin/chemical technology. PERMINATOR’s new resin technology allows dramatically greater puncture…
One of the realities of constructing and repairing commercial buildings is forever remaining aware of the dangers of moisture. Rotting…