|03 39 23||
CC-309-1WS water-based concrete curing compound is formulated from hydrocarbon resins. Once applied, it forms a membrane that retains an optimum amount of water present in freshly placed concrete to allow complete hydration of the cement.
CC-309-1WS meets the VOC content limit of 350 g/L for curing compounds for roads and bridges per SCAQMD Rule 1113.
- When properly applied, produces a premium-grade film, which optimizes water retention.
- Furnished as a ready-to-use, true water-based compound.
- Produces hard, dense concrete … minimizes hair-checking, thermal cracking, dusting, and other defects.
- Enhances the functional capabilities of concrete by “sealing in” the performance assets of strength and long life.
- Offers a compressive strength significantly greater than improperly cured concrete.
- Increases tensile strength for greater resistance to cracking and surface crazing.
- Improves resistance to the abrasive and corrosive actions of salts and chemicals … minimizes excessive shrinkage.
- Can be applied quickly and easily with conventional commercial spray equipment.
- Formulations also available with red fugitive dye added.
5 Gallon (18.93 L) Pails
55 Gallon (208.20 L) Drums
275 Gallon (1040.99 L) Totes
Approximately 200 ft.2/gal. (4.91 m2/L). Coverage is approximate and depends on the porosity of the surface.
When stored indoors and in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40 – 90° F (4 – 32° C), shelf life is a minimum of one year from date of manufacture.
- AASHTO M 148, Type 1, Classes A & B
- ASTM C 309, Type 1, Classes A & B (Type 1-D also available)
- CALTRANS System 4
- Complies with SCAQMD Rule 1113
VOC Content: 342 g/L
Surface Preparation … Application equipment must be clean and free of any previously used materials.
Mixing … For optimum performance, gentle mixing or agitation is recommended. CAUTION: TO AVOID FOAMING, DO NOT MIX EXCESSIVELY. In the container, CC-309-1WS (without dye) appears ivory in color. However, it dries to a clear, transparent coating with a slight amber tint.
Application Method … Apply in a uniform film to horizontal surfaces as soon as the surface water disappears and the surface will not be marred by walking workmen. On vertical surfaces, apply promptly after the forms are removed. CC-309-1WS may be applied with a typical commercial hand or power sprayer, such as a Chapin 1949. Use a spray tip that produces a flow of ½ gallon (1.89 L) per minute under 40 psi (.276 MPa) of pressure.
Drying Time … CC-309-1WS dries in approximately 1 ½ hours. Drying time may vary, depending on application rate, temperature, humidity, and project condition. Restrict foot traffic for at least four hours. Twelve hours is preferable.
Cleanup … Prior to drying, clean up can be accomplished with soap and water. Once dried, it will be necessary to clean up with mineral spirits or other suitable petroleum distillate.
KEEP FROM FREEZING. Do not apply if concrete temperature is less than 40˚ F (4˚ C). DO NOT MIX WITH COMPOUNDS CONTAINING SOLVENT – SEPARATION WILL OCCUR. DO NOT ADD OR DILUTE WITH ANY OTHER COMPOUND. SURFACE MAY DISCOLOR AND/OR YELLOW DUE TO OVER-APPLICATION. Do not paint or apply resilient flooring over any CC-309-1WS-cured surface without first checking specifications and securing the approval of the paint or resilient flooring manufacturer.
For use on roadways and bridges only. (Not for use on curbs and gutters, sidewalks, islands, driveways, and other miscellaneous concrete areas.)
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Direct contact may result in mild irritation. Refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- IEQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials: Paints and Coatings
- MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
- MR Credit 5: Regional Materials
This material last updated June 2013.