AIR-SHIELD SMP is our brand-new product in our line of air shields. AIR-SHIELD SMP is a tough, durable membrane that exhibits excellent resistance to air leakage and liquid water intrusion, while at the same time allow vapor to readily pass through to allow the wall assembly to dry. This product is perfect to fit your above grade waterproofing needs.
AIR-SHIELD SMP may be applied to most common surfaces and integrated into various wall assemblies. AIR-SHIELD SMP is suitable for both new construction and retrofit applications and works equally well as an air barrier on precast concrete, cast-in-place concrete, masonry (concrete block), interior and exterior gypsum board, Styrofoam, primed steel, aluminum mill finish, anodized aluminum, primed galvanized metal, drywall, and plywood.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- When properly applied, helps reduce air and moisture intrusion.
- Bonds easily and securely to a variety of building materials – no primer required.
- Excellent adhesion – remains firmly bonded to the substrate.
- High vapor permeability – allows the transmission of moisture vapor through porous building materials.
- Controlled thickness.
- Highly flexible – bridges cracks, which may form in the substrate.
- Can be left exposed to UV for a maximum of 90
- Tough, durable membrane helps resist punctures and tears during the installation process.
- Sheet-applied – no costly spray equipment or enhanced protective gear needed during installation.
- Can be installed in a wide range of temperatures
To see how easily this product can be installed, click here to see animated installation:
For more information on AIR-SHIELD SMP see our website page here, to see the full line of air barriers click here, to see our installation guidelines click here, to request literature click here, to request a sample click here, and to see our data sheet here! If you have questions or comments please post them below! We would love to hear from you! Make sure you follow us on social media to get updates on what the company is doing!