Product Data Sheet
|07 13 53|
Self-Adhering Elastomeric Tape
DETAIL STRIP is a rugged, 9″ (228.6 mm) wide, 65 mil thick, self-adhering elastomeric tape. The tape provides a simple, easy, and economical method of effectively sealing horizontal and vertical joints. The product may be used as an installation option with HRM 714, PROTECTION COURSE, MEL-ROL®, AIR-SHIELD™, MEL-DRAIN®, and MEL-DEK® from W. R. MEADOWS.
DETAIL STRIP is routinely used to seal butt joints in waterproofing. Other applications include sealing random cracks and open joints in concrete pipe or culverts. The tape is produced with a quick release, anti-stick paper for ease of handling and application. DETAIL STRIP can be used on inside and outside corners and between wall and footings prior to application of the waterproofing membrane.
- Controlled thickness membrane is ideal for transition membrane applications.
- Woven polypropylene carrier sheet provides excellent tensile strength, elongation, and tear-resistance.
- Membrane maintains flexibility at low temperatures.
- Rugged membrane can actually fold to shape during application for ease of application in inside and outside corners.
- Excellent adhesion to prepared substrates of precast concrete, cast-in-place concrete, masonry (concrete block), interior and exterior gypsum board, Styrofoam, primed steel, aluminum mill finish, anodized aluminum, primed galvanized metal, drywall, and plywood.
- Self-healing characteristics facilitate recovery if minimal damage is sustained under normal use applications.
50′ (15.2 m) long rolls
|Tensile, ASTM D-1682|
|Puncture, ASTM D-751||50 psi|
|Burst, ASTM D-751||350 psi|
|Pliability, ASTM D-146|
180 bond, 1″ (25.4 mm) mandrel @ -25º F (-31 ° C)
|No cracks in fabric or polymeric|
These typical properties should not be considered for establishing minimum physical properties.
Surface Preparation … Concrete should be cured at least 72 hours, be clean, dry, smooth, and free of voids. Repair spalled areas; fill all voids and remove all sharp protrusions. A clear, resin-based concrete curing compound that contains no wax, oil, pigments, or silicones may be used. Use a form release that will not transfer to the concrete.
Surface Conditioning … Apply MEL-PRIME™ or MEL-PRIME W/B adhesive from W. R. MEADOWS to all concrete surfaces using a roller, brush, or sprayer. Condition only the area to be covered that day; uncovered areas must be reconditioned the next day. Adhesive must be dry to the touch before membrane installation.
Temperature … DETAIL STRIP can be applied at temperatures of 25° F (-4° C) or higher.
Footing Details … Fold DETAIL STRIP lengthwise and then cut at fold. Material is then ready to install as 4.5″ (114.3 mm) strips on either side of the rebar. Next, coat the keyway with BEM from W. R. MEADOWS. Pour the walls. Install DETAIL STRIP horizontally along the wall where it meets the footing, placing half the material up the wall and the other half onto the footing. Extend the material 4.5″ (114.3 mm) beyond outside corners. Slit extended portion of DETAIL STRIP lengthwise. Place the horizontal flap out onto the footing and bend the vertical flap around the wall. Repeat this procedure in the opposite direction.
Inside Corners … Place a vertical DETAIL STRIP on inside corners, extending the material 4.5″ (114.3 mm) beyond each side of the corner. Terminate at the footing and finish the corner with POINTING MASTIC from W. R. MEADOWS.
Outside Corners … Bend a DETAIL STRIP vertically over the outside corner and extend 4.5″ (114.3 mm) beyond each side of the corner. Terminate the material at the footing. Finish the corner with POINTING MASTIC from W. R. MEADOWS.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- IEQ Credit 3.1: Construction Indoor Air Quality Management Plan: During Construction
- MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
- MR Credit 5: Regional Materials
This material last updated January 2016.