|03 39 23|
The 1100-CLEAR series of water-based concrete curing compounds is formulated from hydrocarbon resins and may be used on interior, exterior, vertical, and horizontal concrete surfaces. Once applied, 1100-CLEAR forms a premium-grade membrane that retains an optimum amount of water in freshly placed concrete for complete hydration of the cement. NOTE: After approximately four weeks, the membrane begins to chemically break down when exposed to UV rays. The membrane will eventually dissipate from the surface. This process is sped up by exposure to traffic and UV light, as well as weathering conditions.
The 1100-CLEAR series has been used on both interior and exterior applications where paint, resilient tile, or resilient flooring may be applied later. Because of the wide variety of coatings, paints, adhesives, and toppings available, contact the manufacturer of the flooring system or subsequent coating or topping for application approval over resin-based curing compounds. A small test application is always recommended.
- When properly applied, 1100-CLEAR produces a premium-grade film, which optimizes water retention.
- Furnished as a ready-to-use, true water-based compound.
- Produces hard, dense concrete … minimizes hair checking, thermal cracking, dusting, and other defects.
- Offers a compressive strength significantly greater than improperly cured or uncured concrete.
- Increases tensile strength for greater resistance to cracking and surface crazing.
- Improves resistance to abrasion and the corrosive actions of salts and chemicals.
- Minimizes excessive shrinkage.
- Can be applied quickly and easily with conventional commercial spray equipment.
- Formulations also available with red fugitive dye added.
5 Gallon (18.93 L) Pails
55 Gallon (208.20 L) Drums
Approximately 200 ft.2/gal. (4.91 m2/L). Coverage rate may vary depending on conditions (temperature, wind, etc.) at the jobsite, as well as the porosity and condition of the concrete.
When stored indoors and in original, unopened containers at temperatures between 40 – 90° F (4 – 32° C), shelf life is a minimum two years from date of manufacture.
- AASHTO M 148, Type 1, Classes A & B (Type 1-D also available)
- ASTM C 309, Type 1, Classes A & B (Type 1-D also available)
- Complies with U.S. EPA, LADCO states, OTC states, SCAQMD, and all other current North American VOC regulations.
- Complies with Canada VOC Concentration Limits for Architectural Coatings Regulations.
- Approved by the Ministry of Transportation, Quebec
Surface Preparation… Application equipment must be clean and free of all previously used materials.
Mixing … For optimum performance, gentle mixing or agitation is recommended. CAUTION: TO AVOID FOAMING, DO NOT MIX EXCESSIVELY. DO NOT THIN.
Application Method … Apply in a uniform film to horizontal surfaces as soon as the surface water disappears and the surface will not be marred by walking workmen. On vertical surfaces, apply promptly after the forms are removed. 1100-CLEAR may be applied with a typical commercial hand or power sprayer, such as a Chapin 1949. Use a Chapin 6-5797 or equivalent spray nozzle that produces a flow of 1/2 gal. (1.89 L) per minute under 40 psi (.276 MPa) of pressure. Do not allow the spray nozzle to drip.
Drying Time … Typically dries in 1-2 hours, depending on jobsite conditions (temperature, wind, etc.) Restrict foot traffic for at least four hours. Twelve hours is preferable.
Cleanup … Prior to drying, cleanup can be accomplished with soap and water. Once dried, use mineral spirits or other suitable petroleum solvent.
KEEP FROM FREEZING. Do not apply if air and/or concrete temperature is less than 40° F (4° C). Improper or over-application may increase the amount of time necessary for the film to dissipate from the surface. SURFACE MAY DISCOLOR AND/OR YELLOW DUE TO OVER-APPLICATION. DO NOT MIX OR DILUTE WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCTS OR LIQUIDS. Do not apply paint, resilient flooring or any other subsequent coatings or toppings without first checking the specifications and securing approval from the manufacturer of the product being applied over 1100-CLEAR. A small test application is always recommended. If removal of 1100-CLEAR is necessary, use ULTRITE® DEGREASER from W. R. MEADOWS.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Direct contact may result in mild irritation. Read and follow all application, precaution, label, and health and safety information prior to use. Refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
- IEQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials: Paints and Coatings
- MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
- MR Credit 5: Regional Materials
This material last updated April 2013.