MEL-ROL waterproofing system is a flexible, versatile, dependable, roll-type waterproofing membrane composed of a nominally 56 mil thick layer of polymeric waterproofing membrane on a heavy duty, four-mil thick, cross-laminated polyethylene carrier film. The two components are laminated together under strict quality-controlled production procedures to create an exceptionally innovative and durable waterproofing product.
In addition to its already outstanding features, a handy overlap guideline is printed 2 ½” (63.5 mm) in from the material edge on each side to assure proper overlap coverage and to assist in maintaining a straight application. Special exposed polymeric membrane strips are provided on both sides for positive membrane-to-membrane adhesion in the overlap area. The membrane strips are also protected by a pull-off release strip that eases application by providing positive membrane-to-membrane adhesion in the overlap area.
All components of the MEL-ROL waterproofing system work together to provide a cost-effective, positive waterproofing system that’s quick and easy to apply. W. R. MEADOWS accessory products included in the MEL-ROL waterproofing system are: BEM, MEL-ROL LIQUID MEMBRANE, MEL-PRIME™ adhesive (solvent-based and water-based), POINTING MASTIC, DETAIL STRIP, CATALYTIC BONDING ASPHALT, TERMINATION BAR, PROTECTION COURSE and MEL-DRAIN™ drainage board.
MEL-ROL waterproofing system provides a cost-effective answer to properly waterproof foundations, vertical walls, and below-grade floors in residential and commercial construction. It is equally effective for use as between-the-slab waterproofing on plaza decks, parking decks, and structural slabs. You can even use it as a waterproofing membrane to isolate mechanical and electronic rooms, laboratories, kitchens, and bathrooms. It offers positive protection when “wrapped around” major rapid transit, vehicular, utility, and pedestrian tunnel projects. MEL-ROL can also be used on insulated concrete forms (ICF). Installation of PROTECTION COURSE from W. R. MEADOWS is recommended before backfilling. MEL-ROL can also be used with drainage boards when specified.
- Provides cost-effective, flexible, versatile, dependable, positive waterproofing protection against damaging moisture migration and the infiltration of free water.
- Offers a quick and easy-to-apply system for maximum productivity.
- Special membrane-to-membrane adhesion provides additional overlap security.
- Meets or exceeds the test requirements of all currently applicable specifications.
- Components work together for positive waterproofing protection.
- Handles with ease on the jobsite.
- Available in a low temperature version for use when air and surface temperatures are between 20° F (-7° C) and 60° F (16° C). An extra-low temp version is also available, ideal for application in extra-low temperatures down to 0º F (-18º C).
We have a new sell sheet available. Sell sheets are great informational tools that can be used to promote the product, inform customers, and build interest in the product. And it’s available here at no charge.